PDA

View Full Version : Now I know why it takes so long to get an Eos!

davidp
22-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi All,

Thought I would relate my experience so far in ordering my Eos. Although this is in the UK I imagine its very similar elsewhere.

Ordered it on 23 February after dealer assuring me it would be 12 weeks which would mean I would expect it in the middle of May (Ha!). In reality it wasn’t allowed onto the VW “Dialog” ordering system till 4 April (something to do with keeping the number of imports down in the UK).

It then sat on the system for another two weeks (apparently to allow any last minute changes), Dialog then allocated a build week beginning 28 May. It was actually built on the 30 May and it then sat in the Portuguese factory car park for a week or two collecting bird droppings before it got moved to the distribution port. Guess what happened then? Yes it sat in the car park at the port collecting more bird crap!

If it sits for longer than a week at the port the dealer can chase it up which is what mine did so its now finally on the manifest for transport to the UK port of Grimsby this weekend. So hopefully it will arrive at Liverpool VW very soon and I can get my greasy little paws on it.

I’ll let you know when I get it, fingers crossed it doesn’t fall off the transporter. :(
Cheers, David

Gavster
23-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi David,

Sorry to hear that you have waited so long. We too are still waiting. Ordered on 21st April and the car was built this week. Dealer seems to think that they will receive the car within the next two weeks.

Gavin

davidp
24-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi David,

Sorry to hear that you have waited so long. We too are still waiting. Ordered on 21st April and the car was built this week. Dealer seems to think that they will receive the car within the next two weeks.

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,

I too was assured by the dealer that it would only be two weeks after build although I may have been unlucky with the logistics. Will be harassing the dealer and VW Cust Care this week to ensure she is on the way. My patience has run out, (grrr!)
Hope you get yours soon!
Cheers, David

EOSmage
25-06-2007, 07:54 PM
You are going to find that the car is worth the wait. It is a great vehicle and a pleasure to drive.

I know what you are going through, but also know how amazing the trip off the dealer's lot was.

This doesn't help you get into the car faster, but... I'll drop the top on my way home tonight out of respect for both of you. Of course, it may rain... but driving with the top up is just about as good. :)

Cheers, and here's to hoping they both arrive soon and safe...

--jon

davidp
25-06-2007, 08:06 PM
You are going to find that the car is worth the wait. It is a great vehicle and a pleasure to drive.

I know what you are going through, but also know how amazing the trip off the dealer's lot was.

This doesn't help you get into the car faster, but... I'll drop the top on my way home tonight out of respect for both of you. Of course, it may rain... but driving with the top up is just about as good. :)

Cheers, and here's to hoping they both arrive soon and safe...

--jon
Thanks Jon, I appreciate the thought.
VW tell me my car has been to Germany for quality control checks. (apparantly they select cars at random for QC checks).
But its on its way to the UK now so hopefully I will be having fun driving it soon. :D
Cheers, David

Gavster
25-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Gentlemen,

Spoke to dealer today who said that ours is officially 'awaiting ship' and could be lucky enough to set sail this Friday and land on Monday morning in Kent. From there it's about 4 days to dealer.

Of course, we may be really unlucky and right at the back of a queue of goodness only knows how many cars. If this were the case then we may be waiting a month for it to get on a ship!

Steve3
09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi DavidP Any news yet with your Eos. Steve3l

davidp
10-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi DavidP Any news yet with your Eos. Steve3l

Yes thanks Steve, picked it up on the 5th July and straight down to Somerset the next morning for a long weekend, cracking day on the Saturday, roof down all day. Scary moment on the way back today on the M5, got caught in a torrential downpour (roof up I might add) and discovered my windscreen wipers had stopped working (Arghh) so had to pull over till the rain stopped. Wipers worked in washer mode so got home OK. Dealer very apologetic, collecting it tomorrow. I suspect a software fault although could be a bad connection as dealer had tried to fit the cruise control but failed. They tried three different units till they worked out that VW had changed the part numbers in April and not told the dealership.

Despite that it’s a brilliant car, very pleased. Roofs been up and down like a yoyo all weekend. Here’s two quick snaps one with Glastonbury Tor in the background.

Cheers, David
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/Davidp_photo/eos-glast1.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/Davidp_photo/eos-glast2.jpg

k6pilot
10-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi David, she looks wonderful....and you have a picture of her out of the rain, which must mean you have a camnera with a very fast shutter rate this summer!

Seriously, how do you find the road and wind noise with the roof up? I borrowed a very similar spec car for 3 days and found the constant roar and roof seam whisling very annoying...not sure if this is standard, model specific or just a one off?

Chris

davidp
10-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi David, she looks wonderful....and you have a picture of her out of the rain, which must mean you have a camnera with a very fast shutter rate this summer!

Seriously, how do you find the road and wind noise with the roof up? I borrowed a very similar spec car for 3 days and found the constant roar and roof seam whisling very annoying...not sure if this is standard, model specific or just a one off?

Chris
I was expecting some noise from the window seals which is always a weak point on convertibles so I was pleased that noise was so low even at high speed. Convertibles will always be a compromise and with such a big sunroof I’m quite impressed how quite it is. There is lots of buffeting with the sunroof open though but the pop up wind blocker helps with that. Its early days yet for me so will comment further when I’ve had it longer! I know there was an issue on some earlier models with the windows not fully rising which is easily adjusted by the dealer but would clearly give rise to excessive wind noise.

Didnt have a problem with road noise or ride, Ive got the Pirelli PZeros on mine (not my favourite tyre) and sports suspension. Previous car was a Seat Leon Cupra which gave a harder ride.
Cheers, David