PDA

View Full Version : fuel balance/timming 2.0tdi 140

beclee
22-06-2007, 10:10 PM
56 plate 2.0TDI SE 9000 miles on the clock. Colour: Black of course

My car has been in to vag today for my alarm problem. However, when I handed the vehicle to them, I asked if they could check the running of the engine has I felt it seemed weak with light throttle.

When I collected the car tonight, they said there was a fault but they only stumbled across it when they connected the car via internet to vw Germany. (They said this fault did not appear on the normal computer they plug your car into. but because I was insistent there was a weakness at light throttle , plus the fact I hadn't long purchased the car from them. I think they thought they would test it further by plugging into Germany. It turns out the Germans can view more about the cars running. than wot ur average vw dealer in this country can.) Anyway, the Germans found that the fuel wasn't being squirted at the precise time it was needed and equally balanced amounts, to optimize performance.

NOW the question I'm asking myself is. How may other passat B6's are out there that have rolled off the production line where this fine tunning has not been noticed by the dealers when they pdi the car before habd over.????:confused:

beclee
23-06-2007, 11:11 AM
All I have just noticed my spelling mistakes in this thread....whoops:Blush2:

Quatrelle
23-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Dec '06 2.0TDI Confort. Colour: Moka - the dark colours do work best, imo.

There have been reports of people complaining about their cars bogging down or stalling at low revs in first or second gear - I stalled mine a couple of times when I first had it, but that might have been unfamiliarity.

If VW Germany were aware of this I am surprised they haven't informed their dealers in the UK and elsewhere.

Mine went into my (French) dealer on a recall shortly after I bought it (new)
for possible problems with water ingress to the wiper motor (mine had already been modded for this), and a check on fuel 'cooling'. I have stalled it once since then, but again that might have been me (still only done 5500 kms!). I think I've said elsewhere on this forum that it seems to have a very light flywheel - especially compared to our other car, a non-turbo Laguna, which will happily chug away at almost nil revs, which might explain my clumsiness.

You could try sending your experiences to Honest John's website http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/home/index.htm and pose the same question. Click on 'Car by car breakdown' and see what's there on the Passat (if you haven't done that already!)

carl s
27-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Interesting article on HonestJohn, the first problem stated for the car was numerous PAS steering rack problems replaced under warranty. Mine was replaced under warranty but the dealer said surprise surprise they'd never heard of another one... I notice your problem beclee was listed as well !
Who do they think we are? have they not heard of user forums or the internet? If anything goes wrong with a consumer good these days most people look on t'internet !!

PS - Useful forum guys, keep up the good work :)

Quatrelle
27-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I think it would be a good move to take a printout of Honest John's list of problems with you to the dealer. Touch wood, mine's been perfect, but if I do get one of the problems listed I'll take a printout with me, and translate it for them - unless of course they are very cooperative!

red5
28-06-2007, 01:10 PM
There is a software update available for the 2.0 Tdi pd engine which seems to rectify the low (engine) speed 'bogging' symptoms,although not all seem to suffer with it.

red5

browsing instead of working :-)