PDA

View Full Version : Question Vehicle History Check

burkey1
25-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Hi All,

I just wondering is there any site out there that will give you a full vehicle history check for free.

I see loads of sites offering this service at different prices and levels, but I reckon there must be one out there that free..

Any ideas anyone????

Cheers...

Eshrules
26-11-2010, 09:12 AM
if you do find one, please give us the link.

performing a HPI is akin to a a survey on a house. Someone has to do the legwork - given the information that's provided and the peace of mind it can offer, it's worth the couple of quid.

NickPicks
26-11-2010, 09:43 AM
as a basic check, a DVLA vehicle enquiry will confirm the registration number, colour and engine size and fuel. Beyond that, you're looking at paying.

You could ask a main dealer about service history - they should be able to tell you how much dealer history it's got.

If you're spending a few thousand quid on a car, it must be worth the few quid for an hpi check - even if it's to tell you to run away and not waste your money on that cat c write off that the seller "forgot" to mention in the advert.

MalcQV
26-11-2010, 02:22 PM
If I was buying any car private regardless of cost/age I would HPI it. Dealers you have comeback on.

burkey1
26-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the replys guys..

Yes, I would get a history check on any car i was buying, but what i am asking is, if anyone knows where you can get one for free..

I kind of figured you couldn't and responces thus far seem to confirm this, but in this World Wide Web of ours, I reckon someone out there knows different!!

If he/she happens to be on this site, I and many more would be glad to know all abt it!!

Cheers..

marlon32
22-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I did some research on getting this info for free, but drew a blank.

Good luck if you can find some useful info though.