PDA

View Full Version : sharan heating

dudley69
24-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I i have an x reg sharan 1.9 115bhp tdi. The car takes forever to warm up and clear the windows etc,not to mention keeping me warm.:confused:
Is it just my car or is this normal for this type of vehicle.If that is the case is there any thing i can do to improve things.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers Dave

zollaf
24-11-2010, 09:57 PM
where does your temperature guage get to.

dudley69
24-11-2010, 10:50 PM
hi thanks for the reply,im not sure what temp it gets to,but it eventually reaches about the middle, ie needle vertical. Sorry to be vague,ill check tomorrow.
Cheers

zorgman
25-11-2010, 08:37 PM
hi
perfectly normal on these motors, if it gets below 10c the rear booster heater kicks in to warm the water up. check its there by looking under left side of car near rear wheel under door and thats wher it lives. On your car its a 5kw model, to make sure it works look at wiper linkage bar behind battery side you should see a sensor bout 20mm round, unplug it then link it out a small fuse fits perfect. mow start car you should hear a ticking that the pump priming the a high pitch whine that gets faster ith a bit smoke then no smoke and sounds like a jet engine, if it trys a few ties and does nowt then the plug insde has gone so get system read off on machine.
hope it helps you out do a search for erbaspacher d5wz thats your model code