PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 [PS3] - PSN ID's

RickT
24-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Gran Turismo 5 (http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=&q=807663)

Any GT5 owners on the forum???

If so, you can add me on the playstation network for a bit of online racing.

ID - RICK-vwaudiforum

Cheers

Rick

h4rtey
25-11-2010, 01:06 AM
picking it up tomorrow mate! will add you. psn H4rtey007.

brybrybry
25-11-2010, 12:46 PM
got my copy on tuesday :) after the massive install i had a few races and am up to the 3rd license so far.

add me i am on brybrybry

RickT
28-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I have added you,

Once got upto speed with it, will get racing online.

in the meantime, take a look at this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKb71JcmTZE

Rick

brianspiller
28-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm not very good (yet) but my username is BrianSpiller

Has anyone done the Top Gear test track race with the VW Campers? That must be the most infuriating race I have ever tried. It's too slow and I keep getting barged into a cone and disqualified!

saunders1587
28-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Ive just ordered it off the internet, same as Need for Speed, very excited!
my psn is saunders1587

macmillions
29-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm not allowed it until xmas... :cussing:

brybrybry
30-11-2010, 11:23 AM
really getting into this game now, in between session of black ops! i have won the beginner level of the VW camper vans, you have to be very crafty on it, take as much speed into the corners as you can and if you are going to hit them do it on the side as you shouldnt get disqualified for that and just be careful for them slamming on at corners, took me a few goes but i got it in the end.

My new favourite type of racing is the go karts, fast and fun and plenty of close action, its all about keeping as much speed without braking, took me a few laps to get the hand of it especially the twitchy handling if you try and accelerate out of a corner too soon. It is also a easy way to win lots of credits once you have the hang of it.

An absolutely class game and one that will keep me entertained for a long time, seriously considering getting a steering wheel but dont think i can justify £100, this is the one created specifically for Gran Tourismo

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9102947/Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-Steering-Wheel-Pedals/Product.html?searchstring=GT+wheel&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

brianspiller
30-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Finally got there with the camper vans last night. Such a relief to get that out of the way! Another tip if anyone else is struggling, if you think you are going to hit one of the others in the rear just slam on the brakes as hard as you can. It seems you can still hit them pretty hard and not get disqualified if you have the brakes on hard.

That steering wheel looks impressive. It's even got a gear stick! Not sure I have anywhere to put one though.

MFGF
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Not getting my copy till 25th December. See you on there once I have it installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brybrybry
28-01-2011, 01:34 PM
how is everyone getting on with GT 5, I have unlocked the sebastian vettel challenge (level 30 a or b spec) but finiding it practically impossible to complete. I am close to getting my b spec driver to level 35 where you get a fre red bull x2010, cant wait for that beast.

been a long hard grind to get my b spec driver to level up my PS3 has been on for the last 7 days constant with him doing endurance races.

Guest 2
28-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I've been letting my b-spec slip, I hate it. The driver brakes when not needed and then doesnt speed up when you tell him to. I've been doing the bonus races in seasonal events. Lots of cash and lots of exp points. Unlocked the endurance races tonight aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brybrybry
29-01-2011, 11:54 AM
i have only done a couple of the endurance races on my a spec, done all but the 2 24 hours on b spec, i just set him going on them when i go out or go to work and he rakes in the xp.

have you taken any in game photos? ill try and upload a few of mine later when my b spec finishes his 9 hour endurance!!

macmillions
09-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Forgot to put mine on.

macmillions

I challenge anyone against either my Pug 908 or my corvette stingray :D