PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Ian_83
24-11-2010, 12:16 PM
I could not find a newbie section, but please move this if there is one! I'm looking at getting an early A3 8L 1.8 T very soon to replace my now dead nissan 200sx. Since I can't not leave anything alone, is there a tuning guide for these engines? I'm going to look at a 1.8T Sport 150bhp on saturday, hoping to take it upto low 200bhp. Any suggestions, pointers etc would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Ian :beerchug:

NickPicks
24-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello. There is a New Member Introductions (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82) section, but as your post is about the A3, here's the right place for it.

If you're wanting more power than the 1.8T, why not look for an S3 in the first place? Then you'll also have 4 wheel drive to get the power onto the road.

Ian_83
24-11-2010, 02:16 PM
To be honest, i'd end up fiddling with an S3, I can't help myself. My 200 ended up with just over 300bhp before the big ends finally went (not due to power, just unlucky). Plus I've got very little cash spare right now to buy a car (circa 2 grand) as the rest of it is being spent on the missus.

Thanks,

Ian