PDA

View Full Version : New CC arrived today!

Mogster52
23-11-2010, 05:23 PM
All,

Just got my CC delivered today having been ordered 29/6. I was wondering if it would be the +45 weeks spec, but not. Anyway lovely car.

Few things;

1) the auto lights are permanently on - I know these are not DRL as the rear lights are on and the nav dims. They are standard lights not xenon.

2) the rain sensor - I assume this is not auto wipers but simply regulates the speed when you manually move the stalk up to the 1st position

Any clues on the above are greatly received!

Looking forward to the drive home and playing with the toys

Best
Mog

cc170gt
23-11-2010, 11:11 PM
What was you're official build week? I think the light's are on because DRL's are compulsery from February 2011. Rain sensor's should be standard spec . What colour , engine , toy's did you order?

Mogster52
24-11-2010, 12:00 PM
CC - Thanks for the reply.

The build was 43, so just missed the "new" spec. I got a 140 CC in island grey and added the privacy glass, other than that it is standard.

I know it should have DRL's, but with the auto setting on appears to be the same as the dipped setting - all the interior lights are also permanently on when in auto mode, set it to 0, and they go off and sat returns to daylight setting.

The rain sensor appears not to work at all – I move the stalk up one notch and it is simply a standard intermittent setting. I wondered if they dropped off the entry version but the sensor is there in the window.

Waiting a call back since 11am yesterday from the dealer - oh what joy it is to wait in car dealers.

Good luck with yours
Best
Mog

Drifty
24-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I hope you enjoy it Mog - if you get time, can you post some pics? - it's always nice seeing a new car :D

kevinfraser
24-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Collect my new CC tomorrow, long wait but sure it will be worth it.

cc170gt
24-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Was this a week 45 build ? If so you will be the first to get one . Can you put us out of our misery & let forum member's know what changes where made .:beerchug:

kevinfraser
24-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Not sure what build week was exactly but i think it is 43/44. Will know tomorrow for sure and will be happy regardless of what comes. Will keep you posted with what has arrived and post some pictures.

cc170gt
24-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Hope it all goes well tomorrow & congrats .:D

Mogster52
25-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Kevin,

Good luck - hope all goes well.

Mine is great, looks fab, drives extremely well, very quiet and refined, lovely. The static cornering lights are fantastic

The problems with the auto lights and auto rain sensors not working, they believe are software related and the car will have the software re-installed next week, so hopefully all will then work as it should.

I will try to get some pic's and upload them.

Best
Mog

kevinfraser
26-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Well,collected the car yesterday and i am completly over the moon with it. It was exactly what i ordered so didnt get the Week 45 changes which in fairness doesnt bother me. To many toys to play with trying to sort out Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc sure i will get their eventually.I ordered a CC GT140 TDI in Candy White with Black Nappa Leather, added a detachable towbar, rubber floor mats and mudflaps. I have thought many a time since it was ordered nearly 5 months ago if white was the correct choice but when i see it in the flesh it is a head turner.

Sorry cant you guys out with Week 45 changes, hope that you get your cars soon and will be as happy as i am with mine.

I have also added the exhaust tail pipe covers that are on another thread, these are a must have and really finish the rear of the car off.

Drifty
27-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Congratulations. Sounds great - I also have gone for Candy White, so espically glad to hear you love yours.

Pics please if you have time

D

Mogster52
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Well after just over a week, the car is fab to look at and drive but there are not some very annoying problems

The auto lights/wipers are not working at all, the Traffic programme volume setting does not work at al(despite trying everything in the manual), the rear high level LED brake light does not work, pointed out by a kind policeman and the heat reflective parts under the car are loose and vibrate a lot!

It is booked in at the dealers for the 17th (missed the one last week due to the snow).

Shame as it's a wonderful car, clearly a very very poor PDI.

Hope no one else has the same issues.

Best
Mog

Scooby-Doo
05-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear you've got problems Mog, takes the shine off after waiting for so long.It's crossed my mind that they might be trying to push production along at the expense of quality,big mistake.

kevinfraser
05-12-2010, 09:36 PM
My Auto Lights and Wipers not working properly either. Need to phone and get it sorted out.When Auto Lights switched on they are on all the time, and auto wipers appear just to work as normal intermittent wipers.

Sorry not had a chance to post pictures yet, Candy white it is camaflaged by snow!! Will put some pics up soon

Mogster52
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Kevin,

That's exactly the same problem as mine - maybe we are doing something wrong :Blush: . Seems very strange they are both identical unless a dodgy batch of components.

One thing, when the light switch is set to Auto -on the actual light switch housing the Auto appears in yellow and side light indicator (next on the right) appears in green, dipped in red.

If you move the light switch to side lights, the Auto goes to Red (as I would expect) the side lights stays green, dipped stays red. Move to dipped, the side light stays green and the dipped stays red, auto red too.

Now I would have thought that it would be green to indicate which setting? Not sure if related but will raise next week.

I would also check your high level brake lights works as well, just in case! Hope the rest is oll good.

Best
Mog

Sti_Prodrive
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Any pics of the new baby ?? ;)

phantom41
26-01-2011, 05:35 PM
My first post but I just had to gloat a little - no! not really. Collected my new Passat CC GT TSI 2.0 210 bhp early January having been on order since July 2010. For those still waiting - it really is worth the wait, i am still out every night giving it a goodnight cuddle - I love it!!! Usual extras Panoramic sunroof with rear sun blind, folding mirrors, heated windscreen etc and of course it is the full 2011 spec so it has the new dash mounted analogue clock and other modifications such as the handbranke switch which is now on the gear lever console rather than the dash board, a much better arrangement.

Yes, I have read some of the other comments regarding the folding mirrors for instance, but they come into their own when parking in multi storey car parks where councils make the moist of limited space, as for the 4/5 seat configuration - well the 5 seater is a much better 'fit' and I can only say that all the comments have their merits but if you have the 5 seater - enjoy!

One final point - I had one of the last Hatchback Passats - a 1988 1.8 GT and I had that for 10 years, it has taken nearly 20 years for VW to make another Passat that I fell in love with.

Drifty
26-01-2011, 07:06 PM
My first post but I just had to gloat a little - no! not really. Collected my new Passat CC GT TSI 2.0 210 bhp early January having been on order since July 2010. For those still waiting - it really is worth the wait, i am still out every night giving it a goodnight cuddle - I love it!!! Usual extras Panoramic sunroof with rear sun blind, folding mirrors, heated windscreen etc and of course it is the full 2011 spec so it has the new dash mounted analogue clock and other modifications such as the handbranke switch which is now on the gear lever console rather than the dash board, a much better arrangement.

Yes, I have read some of the other comments regarding the folding mirrors for instance, but they come into their own when parking in multi storey car parks where councils make the moist of limited space, as for the 4/5 seat configuration - well the 5 seater is a much better 'fit' and I can only say that all the comments have their merits but if you have the 5 seater - enjoy!

One final point - I had one of the last Hatchback Passats - a 1988 1.8 GT and I had that for 10 years, it has taken nearly 20 years for VW to make another Passat that I fell in love with.

congrats - we need pics :p :beerchug:

Gregmeister
28-01-2011, 01:31 PM
My first post but I just had to gloat a little

Sorry but I dont believe you have received the car ....

Only Photographic proof (LOTS of photographic proof) will convince me otherwise ;)

hartry
28-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Greg I thought your little mission today had restored your faith that CCs do actually exist?

Gregmeister
30-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Greg I thought your little mission today had restored your faith that CCs do actually exist?

Oh, I believe they exist ... J
I just wanted him to post up some pics for us to drool over :)