PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant Root Bars

simfin
22-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I will need some Roof Bars for my Avant shortly after I pick it up. Could fellow Avant owners comment on the best ones to go for, also what sort of Discount can be attained over the counter at Audi Parts.

Looking for some piccies as well, are they nice low profile ones you get from Audi.

Ardy
22-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Just asked in the audi parts dept at my local today and was quoted £190 inc Vat. Apparently much easier to use than the B7 ones - which i now have a spare set of darn it! - i thought there would just be a different foot set i could buy. Didnt notice if they are as low profile this time - hope so!

ScottyUK
22-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I have the OEM ones. I got them off ebay. The advert said only used once and they were immaculate and all packed up like new. I paid £90 :D

I put them on once on their own and there was a howling wind noise around 50-60 mph. I only use them with a roof box and when I do they're fine.

bruboy
23-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I had a set of Thule aero ones for my A3 that I was able to move onto my A4 with a £25 change of rail adapters.

www.roofbox.co.uk (http://www.roofbox.co.uk) do the full set for £100. There's definately some faffing the first time you put them on to get the feet set to the right length but after that they're easy to put on and not too whistly. I've used them with a roofbox and bikes without any problems.

I guess the OEM ones will be less fiddly to fit but you're less likely to be able to move them from car to car.

BB

simfin
23-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I had a set of Thule aero ones for my A3 that I was able to move onto my A4 with a £25 change of rail adapters.

BB

I will look into this as we have some Thule Aero bars from my wife's Golf MK5. But when I checked, it seemed that the Thule number for the bars was different to the A4. I think is actually said the Golf ones were longer, which doesnt really make sense :confused: Would have thought the A4 Avant bars would be longer...

ru55
23-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Bargain Alert

I have invested in a set of Thule roofbars for my A4 Avant buying a new footpack adapter paying £25 from skidrive who had the best deal at the time. Today, I spotted on ebay the same pack 4007 for £14.99 plus delivery.

The seller's name is tedbaker2010 and is completely unconnected to me.

ru55

PS there must be a market in swapping Thule locks so we all get matching one. let me know if you have spare no 74's!

xtremist
27-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I have the Thule aero bars on my avant, think i paid about £100 from roofbox.co.uk.

They are a pain in the ar$e the first time you put them on, but the are very good.

Don't expect them to be quiet though, they aren't, especially with 2 bikes on the roof :D