PDA

View Full Version : Attention Audi RS 3 Sportback - Official

onemanparty
22-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes I news I have been waiting for!!!

On the Audi UK web http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a3/rs3-sportback/specifications.html :beerchug:

The Audi RS 3 Sportback has the turbocharged 2.5 litre TFSI engine at 340ps from the TT RS . It requires just 4.6 seconds to reach 62 mph and an average of 31.0 mpg.

Guest 2
22-11-2010, 09:31 PM
2.5TFSI 340bhp in a small hatchback .. Heaven!!

Issac Hunt
22-11-2010, 09:57 PM
£40k (+options) for an A3 though! That's some asking price.

Guest 2
22-11-2010, 11:35 PM
£40k (+options) for an A3 though! That's some asking price.

That's quite steep actually. Never seen the price on the website because I was overwhelmed with the power output!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlionhart
23-11-2010, 08:17 PM
As im aware the RS3 is going to be limited. So will only be out for a few years before its withdrawn from the production line. But £40k is a lot. To run and own will be a lot. For the lucky people I guess :p

a8 tech
23-11-2010, 08:24 PM
ttrs or rs3 tough choice both fantastic lookers and this engine is a peach.I will have both lol

baylissboy
25-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I just hope they get the mapping right this time!!!

Hammy969
13-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Evening All

Having deliberated over the last year about whether to change my current A4 for an A4 quattro 2.0/3.0 avant or an S3 at the end of this year. I have now take the rash decision to keep my A4 and put down the deposit for an RS3.

There appears to be 500-600 coming into the country this year. My dealer currently has 5/6 orders + mine. They have taken the order but have yet to confirm the audi requistion number. I am told build dates will not be released till March and delivery will be at the earliest in the second quarter.

I am now in the process of selling a kidney, remorgaging my house or any other possible route to fiance my mid life crisis;)

Ham

tlionhart
14-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Im thinking about this car. Just the stats of this car make me want to have it. In addition to that, the car comes standard with pretty much everything. Which is a first from audi.

What kind of deposit did you put in for it?

Sam
14-01-2011, 12:30 PM
ttrs or rs3 tough choice both fantastic lookers and this engine is a peach.I will have both lol

Can you fit me in next week for a short back and sides?

kite
14-01-2011, 12:37 PM
i think I'd rather have the new S4..
Supercharged 3ltr and proper AWD...

Hammy969
14-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Im thinking about this car. Just the stats of this car make me want to have it. In addition to that, the car comes standard with pretty much everything. Which is a first from audi.

What kind of deposit did you put in for it?
Hello

I just have had to place the standard deposit, however I have already bought 2 car from them previously. Also I have placed the order but they have not garanteed the car at this point, they will refund the deposit (as you would expect) if they can't place the order. Time will tell.

Ham

Hammy969
14-01-2011, 08:02 PM
i think I'd rather have the new S4..
Supercharged 3ltr and proper AWD...
Kite

I understand your view, and in all honesty I went for the RS3 for a few reasons:
1 I don't really need the space of the S4 all the time.
2 I hope the RS3 will be more exclusive (600 per year for Britain) equates to about 5 per dealer per year.
3 It will not depreciate as quick as an S4
4 It looks dam fine.:D
5 My previous car was an A3 diesel quattro and I loved it.
6 If I really don't like it I can sell it.

tlionhart
15-01-2011, 08:22 AM
my only thing about this car...couldn't they have waited till the next gen A3? Im sure the next gen A3 will be announced this yr and on roads next year.

kodkod.84
15-01-2011, 09:12 AM
This is probably Audi's bow out model to the 8P shape A3. It does look good, but why no split twin oval exhaust pipe like the rest of the RS range?

I believe Audi are pushing the RS brand hard- RS models used to be pretty limited as they were built in the quattro gmbh plant in Neckarsulm which limited them to one or two models at a time. The TT-RS and RS3 are assembled in Hungary which means more RS vehicles will be able to sit along side each other on the line up.

Issac Hunt
15-01-2011, 12:00 PM
2 I hope the RS3 will be more exclusive (600 per year for Britain) equates to about 5 per dealer per year.

Seriously? You base the decison wether to buy or not on how 'exclusive' a car might be? Thats a bit "look at me!" isn't it?

3 It will not depreciate as quick as an S4

You hope. Until used cars hit the market and a few months have passed that's impossible to say IMHO. I think the fact it's based on the outgoing A3 will affect residuals to some extent - who can say what that will be.

I fear that the 'limited to 600' production run will be extended as soon as Audi sell the first batch. They are out to maximise profit after all, it's been seen before across the VAG group before with supposed limited numbers cars having production extended.

Hammy969
15-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Issac

I can give many reason to justify why I buy cars to myself. They say it's like choosing women, there is no logic involved!;)

With regard to, I'm buying an RS3 "to look at me", I only intend to use it at high days and holidays. The rest of the time I will be driving a grey A4.

Regarding depriciation, I guess this one could be wishfull thinking. as any cars at this price are going to loose money. I can just hope it doesn't loose to much.