PDA

View Full Version : No speed signal

heromanni
22-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Hello, my Audis speedometer and odometer lately stopped working and the fuel indicator flips around occassionally. I ran test on VAGcom with my audi and it shows this:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8128/oonemies1.jpg

I dont quite know where to start finding the solution here. The speedometer goes when I pull my feet off the gas and shows pretty accurately the right speed. Right after I hit the gas it goes to zero. So when the car is just rolling forward the speedometer and odometer works but not when the engine pulls the car. Here some information.
Thank you for any help!

towcestervag
23-11-2010, 12:27 AM
check the wiring to the speedo sensor on the side of the gearbox below gear change
the plug sometimes gets water in it

Connor_Scotland
13-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Did you ever get this sorted.

i am having the same issue but its when i put my foot on the brake pedal quite hard the speedo works for a short period.

I was told it was the ABS sensor that caused this.

Jimbo1.8t
13-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I also have this problem, i found on another site this:

"i have no mileage/trip, mph, engine temp, and average journey mph readings - and this is all due to the little plastic connector chip that sits on the gear box with a lead going to dash. this got water logged and shorted - autoTechnic spotted the problem within seconds whereas the local dealer wanted the car for a day and could not estimate the cost at all!

have a look for this thing, pull it out and see if the circuits are shorted, if so - you know what to do. If it is then your dealer is making you wait all this time for what could be the wrong part.

worth a go anyway. "

this is what has happened to my car because i went through a deep puddle, this was posted in 2001 but i was wondering if anyone could help, how do i pull it out and check?

Thanks

heromanni
16-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Hello again, did try all things advised above. Nothing. Now i have bought new cluster and ordered vag tacho. I must sell the car this year, going to army on Jan.
So the thing is: I have vag tacho 2.5 USB version and it gives me 4 number pin code, even if i add 0 on front of it. It is not valid when i try to code it to the new cluster. I quess the skc has to be known of the cluster that is being swapped, am i right? Need some guidance here, i'd be very thankful. I have vag-com and should be able to do the work.