PDA

View Full Version : Question Oil How Much Used ?

westy666
22-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Guys,

I've had my 60 plate A4 2.0 TFSi for about 2 1/2 months now.

About 4 weeks ago the oil warning light came on. Checked the oil level and it was at min. Topped it up with a litre of oil, which got it back to max again.

I've been keeping my eye on the level and it's down to about a quarter again after probably 500-600 miles. No leaks or oil drops on the drive I can see.

Is this normal ? I rang the dealer and they said that's expected.

Seems a lot to me. I've a had quite a few cars over the years and I can't remember one that I ever needed to top up between services.

thanks
westy

robtt09
22-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Not unusual.My TT years ago used quite a bit for the first 2k miles or so and then none at all. My 3.00tdi has used no oil in 18k

westy666
22-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Not unusual.My TT years ago used quite a bit for the first 2k miles or so and then none at all. My 3.00tdi has used no oil in 18k

The service girl did say it was covered in the manual. I think I'll have a read at lunctime and see what it says.

She said it would use 1/2 ltr for every 700 miles. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Mines passed the 2.5k mark now. So hopefully this is just some 'running in' kind of thing. But I'll have to keep my eye on it.