PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2009 TDI 170 DSG REMAP ADVICE

redsearich
20-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi

I have a 2009 A3 TDI 170 S Tronic and was thinking about a remap that would improve low down torque.

Has anyone had any remap experiences with the latest A3 diesel engines?

There are so many options on the web I need some guidance on this one before I part with my cash.

I am based in East Sussex

Cheers

PendlePerforman
20-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi

I have a 2009 A3 TDI 170 S Tronic and was thinking about a remap that would improve low down torque.

Has anyone had any remap experiences with the latest A3 diesel engines?

There are so many options on the web I need some guidance on this one before I part with my cash.

I am based in East Sussex

Cheers

The 2.0TDI CR used a Bosch EDC17 with protected Tricore processor. The EDC17 is a more advanced control unit over the older (easier to tune) edc16 control unit. With the EDC17 there are many more limiters and to correctly tune these you need to fully understand the control unit and all the maps.

We have done a large number of these and also done a 2.0TDI CR 180BiTurbo the other weeks with also custom tuning and removing the DPF filter.

With no hardware modifications and just a remap you will see 205bhp and 420Nm of torque on the 2.0TDI CR 170 model.

Yes its worth doing but if you really want to release more power you need to have the DPF removed as well.

Hope this helps

Regards
Martin
PendlePerformance

redsearich
20-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the advice.

What would be involved in removing the DPF?

Would this effect any future MOTs ?

Can anyone recommend a company local to East Sussex that can remap the A3 CR TDI?
Thanks

FlashRemapping
22-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the advice.

What would be involved in removing the DPF?

Would this effect any future MOTs ?

Can anyone recommend a company local to East Sussex that can remap the A3 CR TDI?
Thanks

Hi
David Lewis - Technical Director - FlashRemapping - Site Sponsor

it depends on when your car was manufactured on wether it has tuning protection - my experience is may09 seems to be the date from which it was most common - either way your car will have a Bosche edc17 ecu
if there is no tuning protection we can remap it "down the plug" i.e through the obd2 port - if it has tuning protection we have a tricore adaptor that mainly plugs into the side of the ecu and with one "boot pin" inside the ecu ,

there are other options as well for tuning this car

give me a call on 0208 3013862 and I will explain

dpf removal will certainly free up some more power and at present should cause no problem at the MOT but there are new rules just announced for the 2012 MOT update that I am seeking some more clarity on before overly recommending this

btw sussex is no problem for us to travel to with our mobile service

regards
David