PDA

View Full Version : A2 rear seat

Greggo
18-11-2010, 07:50 PM
a

Sarge786
19-11-2010, 03:00 PM
HI

I will be looking to buy an a2 soon as a replacement for my wifes 54 plate polo tdi eighth vw on the trot time for a change it has been promised to outlaws as their Daewoo lanos is on its last legs.

I will be looking to spend around £5k ish would like a diesel as the polo is diesel I think its the same engine the 3 cylinder 1.4 tdi.

Annual mileage would be tiny max 4k so dont mind an older one or highish miles does the rear seat ie the bit your bum is on flip forward and go against the front seats and the back of the seats flip down into the space created as in the polo creating a low floor space as opposed to where the rear seat ie the bit your back goes against just goes down and lies flat over the bench seat ??

My wife volunteers for guide dogs for the blind and transports dogs occasionally the rear seat folding layout in the polo was ideal for this. Also the polo was band d tax 122 g/km £90 year I think the audi a2 is only band c at £30 year.

Thanks for advice.

The Audi A2 comes in two rear seat options, one is (four seater car) 50/50 split rear seats, these can be folded individually, the other (five seater car) was a rear three seater bench. I have the 50/50 rear split seats and the backs of these just fold over or can be individually removed from the car, but the 'bum' bit remains in the 'as is' position and does not flip forward to go against the front seats.

I'm sure the three seater bench version also has only the back that flips over with the base in 'as is' position, or totally remove the complete bench option.

Regards
Sarge

spartacus 68
27-11-2010, 02:29 PM
My wife has the '2-seater' rear seats on her A2 1.4TDi. It's a 2003 car. At the corners of the backs of the rear seats (where the seatbelts are located) there's a pull handle. Pull it and the seat back leans forward to lie flat on the base of the seat. With the seats now flat - there's another lever at the back of the seat (at the base) which can be pulled towards the boot area - and the entire seat lifts (hinged) and falls forward in an upright position to now rest against the front seats. For more access the load or luggage cover can be removed.;)