PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth phone quality..

simfin
18-11-2010, 01:10 PM
We have a 08 plate TTS with the phone prep. It connects to our phones perfectly and works with the address book etc

When in a phone call you can hear the person you are speaking to perfectly over the car speakers. The problem we have is that they can hardly hear you from the car. The quality of the speech is almost "tinny" and very low in volume. Shouting helps, but then it becomes distorted.

We have recently had the MIC replaced which does not seem to have made much/if any difference. Before we go back to the dealer, hasb anyone experienced this problem and had it fixed ?

Cheers :)

Issac Hunt
18-11-2010, 01:27 PM
the correct mic was used I take it?

you can adjust the gain on the mic, ask you dealer or get someone with VCDS to try adjusting it for you.

simfin
18-11-2010, 01:47 PM
the correct mic was used I take it?

you can adjust the gain on the mic, ask you dealer or get someone with VCDS to try adjusting it for you.

Thanks,

I will check that they definitely replaced the Phone MIC and not the BOSE one that is in there as well.

Will also mention the gain adjust using the VCDS.

I recall reading that some cars came with the phone MIC on the Left and not right (for the LHD market). could be they replaced the one on the right, which is really the BOSE in this case.