PDA

View Full Version : Superchips claiming Bluefin for 2010 A5 2.0 TFSi?

DemonIT
17-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi all,

I have noticed that Superchips have very recently added a distinction between pre-2010 and 2010 model A5/2.0TFSi 180PS's and that they claim compatibilty with both (presumably despite the protected ECU issue?)

Link: http://mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=3&model=429&variant=2134&year=2010 (note the selection box on the right).

I phoned them a couple of months back to ask if they would add support for 2010's and they told me that is wasn't possble!

Wondered if anyone has tried one of these on a 2010 model and did it work or did you end up sending it back for a refund?

Thanks.

DemonIT
19-11-2010, 11:53 AM
OK........It doesn't work - had a minor heart attack when the re-map partially applied and then I couldn't start the car.

Superchips were very helpful and professional in resovling the issue though.

Lesson learned: Don't try an force something to work that just doesn't want to! ;)

FlashRemapping
19-11-2010, 01:22 PM
OK........It doesn't work - had a minor heart attack when the re-map partially applied and then I couldn't start the car.

Superchips were very helpful and professional in resovling the issue though.

Lesson learned: Don't try an force something to work that just doesn't want to! ;)

I must admit I was wondering if a solution for obd remapping for anti-tune vehicles has been discovered there

As far as I am aware the only way past this anti tune is by removing the ecu from the vehicle - while no soldering has to be done the ecu has to be opened and a boot pin attached to one line from a tri-core system - other leads attach to the plug pins on the side of teh ecu

I have the equipment to remap these vehicles if anyone is interested

Dave

protune
26-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I must admit I was wondering if a solution for obd remapping for anti-tune vehicles has been discovered there

As far as I am aware the only way past this anti tune is by removing the ecu from the vehicle - while no soldering has to be done the ecu has to be opened and a boot pin attached to one line from a tri-core system - other leads attach to the plug pins on the side of teh ecu

I have the equipment to remap these vehicles if anyone is interested

Dave

Me to Me to

A4 20TDI CR 143 remapped this very morning he was such a happy bunny he bought bacon butties for every one :biglaugh:

FlashRemapping
26-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Bacon butties - always the best way to keep your tuner happy

Or at least plenty of coffee if we come out to you and are working in the cold

:beerchug:

protune
26-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Bacon butties - always the best way to keep your tuner happy

Or at least plenty of coffee if we come out to you and are working in the cold

:beerchug:
Oh yes loads of coffee esp in windy clitheroe where i was today

:aargh4: