PDA

View Full Version : Engine hesitates on accelaration on my 1.6 Mk4 Golf

Shaz13230
30-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi there

Can someone please help me out?

I have a 1999 VW Mk4 Golf 1.6. I have recently had the car serviced, everything was fine until two weeks later. I noticed a slight hesitation from the engine when I accelarated after shifting into 2nd gear. I didnt make much of a big deal. Two weeks later, the engine seems to hesitate on every gear now after the car has warmed up. At one time when I was driving at around 50 mph, the hesitation was so bad, that I noticed the speedometer 'flicker' from 50mph to 20mph. This has happended several times now.

Someone suggested that it could be the spark plugs. Others suggested it could be the clutch.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Shaz

londonian
14-12-2009, 05:31 PM
HI Shaz I have had exactly the same problem. The first garage couldn't find the problem, but still charged me £300 to investigate several different things. The second garage said it was the alternator - replaced it - another £250 - and after that it started working OK for a while, but I now have the same problem again three months later. I now have it at another garage and they seem a bit sharper and have just called to say that the manifold sensor is dodgy, that they will replace that and then they will get to know the cause - their suspicion is that it is something in the manifold which regulates the air/petrol mix: did you get a solution to it and what was it ? Thanks! Londonian