PDA

View Full Version : Please Help chewing gum......

1.8Tpassatman
17-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I took my girlfriend's younger sister out for her 20th birthday on saturday, and ive just noticed that one of her 'ditzy'(thats the nicest word i could think of) mates have dropped/spat chewing gum on the carpet in the rear of my pride and joy, to make it worse,as somebody has got out,it has completly missed the mat and been trodden into the carpet, i havnt tried anything to get rid of it yet as i didnt wana make things worse than it already is, anybody got any suggestions of how to get this out without leaving a bald patch in my carpet?

DW58
18-11-2010, 10:51 AM
One of the easiest ways to remove gum is to freeze it - it then becomes brittle and can be easily removed. The freezing can be done on various ways: Ice/salt mixture in a plastic bag; Spraying with a freeze spray (sold by plumber's merchants for freezing pipe ends to remove temporarily; liquid nitrogen (buy a wart removal kit from the chemist); send your car to the arctic circle.

Seriously, this works!

1.8Tpassatman
18-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, i had a crack at it today, and it went quite well, used a bag of ice, and got the majority of it out, then a mate said brake cleaner works, as he had a similar problem, so what the ice didnt remove, the brake cleaner disolved. And best bit,no bald patch :D

DW58
18-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Glad to have been of help - got that tip from a British Airways aircraft cleaner.