PDA

View Full Version : Avant Electric tailgate

simfin
16-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I looked at a AV avant today that had the electric tailgate. When opened it didnt seem to be very "high", serious head banging possibility. Is this something that can be altered/programmed ?

Also, I saw it would open from the keyfob and the button in the door, but should it also open using the "boot release" button on the tailgate ?

ScottyUK
16-11-2010, 04:08 PM
You're correct on everything.

It sounds like the top stop point has been stored incorrectly.

p.s. The tailgate button may have been set to not unlock in the MMI

Ardy
16-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Ah was wondering about these things myself cheers Scotty - mine seems to be a bit random as to wether or not it will let me use the tailgate button. Off to read the book when i get a chance...and i dont remember seeing an option in the mmi but that's probably me not seeing what is directly in-front of me which tends to happen..not when driving ofc, just when im looking for something...:approve:

simfin
17-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Thankyou for the reply.. Seems I am going to have lots of Driver Manual reading to do when I pick it up.

Is there a Driver Manual available online ?

ScottyUK
17-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Yep - your post prompted me to creat this new thread :

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=580519#post580519 ;)

adrianwalker
18-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I looked at a AV avant today that had the electric tailgate. When opened it didnt seem to be very "high", serious head banging possibility. Is this something that can be altered/programmed ?

Also, I saw it would open from the keyfob and the button in the door, but should it also open using the "boot release" button on the tailgate ?

To change the opened position of the tailgate, move by force to the new position (up or down) and hold the close button down (the button in the tailgate) for 3 seconds. Hazards will flash to confirm new position.