PDA

View Full Version : de activating passengers airbag

Dozz
21-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I have a fully licensed version of vagcom I was wondering if it's possable to switch off the passengers airbag with it and can anybody tell me how? got to use the car to ferry the bin lids next week. oh it's a 01 b6 a4

Col
21-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Can be done.

All you need to do is re-code the air bag controller.

The hard bit is finding the soft code !

Perhaps A8tech will be along with the answer.

adamss24
22-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Go to airbag adress, then choose adaptation, then go to ch2. It will say passenger airbag activation...1 is on, 0 is off or something like that. Enter the new value then test, save then close the controller. That is all you need to do. Please bear in mind that there is a compatibility issue with somme 2000-2001 airbag controllers and it will render the ECU useless if you scan with vag-com...See www.ross-tech.com for more details. Regards.

Dozz
24-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Go to airbag adress, then choose adaptation, then go to ch2. It will say passenger airbag activation...1 is on, 0 is off or something like that. Enter the new value then test, save then close the controller. That is all you need to do. Please bear in mind that there is a compatibility issue with somme 2000-2001 airbag controllers and it will render the ECU useless if you scan with vag-com...See www.ross-tech.com (http://www.ross-tech.com) for more details. Regards.

Thanks for the info but it looks like I need security access to do this and I can't find the codes for my car anybody got any ideas :1zhelp: