PDA

View Full Version : smacked by a truck

andy e
15-11-2010, 08:56 PM
driving down the motorway this morning,going through roadworks on the hard shoulder, as m/way down to hard shoulder + inside lane,indicating to join A1, lorry on offside then decided to come off the motorway through my car!!!!!! arggggghhhh he hit me, front bumper,wing,door,mirror,rear door, forcing me onto the grass verge,then a loud thump from underneath car as i'm doing 45-50 on the grass, car goes into garage tomorrow for estimate. I am well peed off only had car 2 months,driver of truck admitted liabilty, which is the only good thing to come out of this,will let you know outcome later in week:zx11::cussing:

Toonmania
15-11-2010, 09:00 PM
ooooohhh that's sounds nasty :( hope you are ok though:D as a car car be fixed or replaced but saying that from what you describe it might be a write off how old is the car???

Eshrules
15-11-2010, 09:03 PM
the accident itself is an annoyance, but be thankful you've walked away bud, it could have been much, much worse.

Have the police investigated the driver's 'driving' ?

andy e
15-11-2010, 09:06 PM
2000 sel 1.8 20v 96000 miles, full service history

andy e
15-11-2010, 09:10 PM
police were totally useless as nobody injured, not a notifiable accident:confused:

Eshrules
15-11-2010, 09:16 PM
that, quite frankly is bollards.

I have reported countless drivers this year, both to the police and their employer for negligent driving. At least two of them have faced disciplinary or other action.

what if you had been a motorcyclist? you'd be dead. Truly lost for words.

smithy602179
15-11-2010, 09:32 PM
u wasnt by any chance in that area by the passenger door / front corner of the lorry by any chance cos believe you me that is a horrible blind spot and the driver can lose sight of even an estate car in that area .

andy e
15-11-2010, 10:45 PM
will ring south yorks police tomorrow and pursue the issue , the guy actually overtook me,after following me through 4 miles of roadworks, then decided to crush me, so there is no issue of him knowing that i was'nt there, just bad driving, i used to drive trucks so i do know about that blind spot, but it still doesn't excuse him,

Hex69
15-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your 'accident', and I'm afraid to say that your car is very likely to be a write off.:(

My Passat was when I was hit from behind by another Passat last year :mad:

If it is written off don't accept the insurance company's 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd offer. We were 1st offered £800, eventually we drove them up to £1800, as that what it would cost to get an equivalent Passat. Find prices on Autotrader to bargain with.

Hope this helps, and glad you're ok. ;)

andy e
15-11-2010, 10:54 PM
esh, just spoke to south yorks police got the same answer as before, no action by the police unless my insurance co' decides to take matter further,and can prove he was liable, which truly stinks

Guest 2
15-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Glad youre ok. As I always say when I hear of car accidents, cars can be replaced but people cant.

Hope you get your car sorted :)

andy e
15-11-2010, 11:02 PM
thanks for the replies will keep you posted as things develop

djmx5
16-11-2010, 12:21 PM
If there is damage to the other vehicle it is a reportable accident.however the police seldom investigate collisions where there is damage only unless there is corroborated evidence of sustained careless or dangerous driving. Were they to do so there would be no resources left for other matters. Irksome I know but that is a policy decision that you will find difficult to challenge . Be thankful the other party has accepted liability and is insured, and more importantly you walked away. Good luck with it.

andy e
17-11-2010, 08:19 AM
car went into bodyshop yesterday, it is repairable, it has still got to go onto 4 wheel alignment jig later this week but at mo' it is looking good

andy e
17-11-2010, 08:26 PM
car goes into body shop tomorrow got price £1300, without going on 4 wheel alignment not looking so good now:zx11:

andy e
03-12-2010, 03:39 PM
picked car up last friday, all sorted now:biglaugh: ,drives and looks as good as new, just got to claim excess and costs off other guy thanks for the good wishes guys