PDA

View Full Version : What do you get?

timdave25
15-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi,

So there appear to be different options for tuning but they are not very clear about what you are paying for.

£15-£50 ranges appears to be a resistor so not very clever.
£100 = I have no idea but worry it's an expensive resitor!
£300 appears to be "box", what's inside? Another resistor???

Can anyone explain this market so I don't spend money on something which costs a couple of pence.

Issac Hunt
15-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Forget the cheapo boxes/resistors - you will have nothing but trouble as they dont work, they just trick the ECU into overfuelling.

Spend proper money (£300+) on a decent ECU remap from a reputable tuner instead.

timdave25
15-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Do they remap the existing ECU or use a piggy back?

This maybe an obvious question but I want to make sure I find a reputable tuner and not someone who is going to fit a resistor of doom.

FlashRemapping
15-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Timdave25

FlashRemapping are a mobile ecu-remapping company and a Viezu approved dealer
We can offer you a mobile service to a convenient place for you

As this is a 2.7litre part of the forum I guess you have a 2.7 tdi 178bhp version

a viezu performance remap will increase the bhp by 50bhp and 110Nm of torque
an economy tune would be 28bhp and 60Nm but as all our remaps are bespoke we can go anwhere inbetween

the whole process will take less than an hour and a half and comes with 7 day money back guarantee and underwritten insurance through RSA

the cost is usually £349 for vehicles 2.5-4 litres but we are offering 10% discount to vwaudiforum members making it £314 all in

we could alternatively fit a tuning box which is both digital and adjustable, the tuning boxes we sell are only suitable for common rail diesel engines as these are the only reliable boxes we have found at a reasonable price - but as previously stated in this post a remap of the origional ecu is a much more acurate way of increasing power and reducing fuel consumption - a remap is also reversible and we do not charge for a reversal ( if you bring the car to us )

regards
David Lewis

timdave25
22-11-2010, 01:38 PM
David, thank you for the reply and professional information.

Yes, I have a 2.7TDI. I need to get a fault fixed before I go ahead but will keep your details, many thanks :biggthump

You mensioned the tuning boxes you sell are only suitable for common rail diesel engines. Silly question but how do I know what I have?

FlashRemapping
22-11-2010, 04:39 PM
David, thank you for the reply and professional information.

Yes, I have a 2.7TDI. I need to get a fault fixed before I go ahead but will keep your details, many thanks :biggthump

You mensioned the tuning boxes you sell are only suitable for common rail diesel engines. Silly question but how do I know what I have?

what year and Bhp do you have
i can tell from that

otherwise pull off the engine cover and see if the injectors feed into a tube like a cigar case that is the common rail - otherwise it has unit injectors

Dave

timdave25
25-11-2010, 01:02 PM
2005 180bhp version

FlashRemapping
25-11-2010, 10:02 PM
2005 180bhp version

in that case u have common rail and v-box works very well on those
as does a remap