PDA

View Full Version : MKV Golf cruise control works on and off?

tdw
21-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi,
I was driving on the motorway the other day and I flicked on cruise control, the small green indicator light for CC didn't illuminate and the buttons (Set, Res) didn't respond. When I got to my destination after a while I tried again it worked. I tried again today, it worked in the morning and not now. Is it a common problem? I need to book a service, is this covered in the warranty.

A spearate issue, I ahve never been for a service before as all my cars have been old. Ths VW is 2 years old and just done 10000 miles. I thought servicing was free but someone told me that they charge £300+

The Muts Nuts
21-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I cant help with the cruise control but the servicing would depend on engine ect and from a dealer your not far wrong with £300, tho it is high. What Mk5 is it?

tdw
21-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Its a 1.6 FSI. Not looking forward to parting with another couple of hundred quid but it's got to be done.

The Muts Nuts
21-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Makes me glad iv got a diesel, 20k or 2 years! Seeing as its under warranty i guess your hands are tied as to having to have it dealer serviced.

Ben
21-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi,
I was driving on the motorway the other day and I flicked on cruise control, the small green indicator light for CC didn't illuminate and the buttons (Set, Res) didn't respond. When I got to my destination after a while I tried again it worked. I tried again today, it worked in the morning and not now. Is it a common problem? I need to book a service, is this covered in the warranty.

A spearate issue, I ahve never been for a service before as all my cars have been old. Ths VW is 2 years old and just done 10000 miles. I thought servicing was free but someone told me that they charge £300+

I think you may have an intermittent fault. I'd get it looked at as you don't want it coming on and catching you out when driving.

one quick thing - do you have a habit of resting your left foot on the clutch pedal, that is if it is a manual car?

it could be a sensitive swith, there is one on the clutch, one on the brake and one somewhere on the gear stick/box.

I've had mine retro fitted and have had no issues.

Mav2006
21-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Had my Mk V 1.6 fsi, first service after 19 months and 19k on the clock, cost about £280

Also have had same fault with CC, they (told me) they have now reset software. I think it's been ok since

21-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi,
Have changed lots of CCS/indicator stalk switches on these mk5 golfs for this very reason.
Will be covered under warranty providing the warranty is valid.
Hope this helps,