PDA

View Full Version : Clutch getting worse?

e6m6a6
21-06-2007, 02:20 PM
98 polo 1.4L

when i first bought it it had no problems with the clutch but it has now been stud just over 2 month, i have ran a few times to keep the battery going as i am waiting for it go for its MOT

i noticed a while ago when i depress the pedel the revs drop almost to stalling point and then picks itself back up.

tried to move it yesterday, as soon as i depressed the pedel it stalled, after a few attemps i got the clutch down without it stalling. since the car is parked on a slight bank i put the revs a little higher (2500 rpm) and it still was not having it, the biting point seemed to be almost not exsistent up untill the pedel was back resting point and even then with the high revs it just died on me. So i cleaned the breather pipe and the throttle housing which improved it a tad but not back to normal?

I never used to have this problem, it has not moved, not been abused etc but it just seems to get worse by itself

i am completly confused, i can win! thank you for reading as it is quite long can someone please point me in the right direction?

MrE
30-06-2007, 12:11 AM
A silly question maybe, but have the brakes seized? This would certainly cause the car to stall when trying to pull away.

Paul

e6m6a6
30-06-2007, 11:39 AM
come to think of it when i tuke my wheels off to look at my brakes, for MOT cheak, they would spin but only with force, yeah that would explain the stalling when trying to set off, but still confused about the car stalling when i put the clutch petal down