PDA

View Full Version : Another CC question....

Canesguy
13-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Anyone aware of an adjustment to the sensitivity of the automatic headlights? It seems that unless I have direct sun-light on the car, my headlights are still switched on despite it being light outside. I can't seem to locate the adjustment if it exists :(.

johnloaderuk
13-11-2010, 08:31 PM
As your car has xenon lights I think this option includes daylight running lights, which means the lights will be on all the time. I may be right or wrong on the next point, but I also think the daytime running lights might use different bulbs to the main xenon headlights. Have a careful look into the headlight units while the car is turned off and see how many bulbs you can see.

However, as yours is a US model it could be different to the UK specification.

Canesguy
14-11-2010, 12:33 AM
As your car has xenon lights I think this option includes daylight running lights, which means the lights will be on all the time. I may be right or wrong on the next point, but I also think the daytime running lights might use different bulbs to the main xenon headlights. Have a careful look into the headlight units while the car is turned off and see how many bulbs you can see.

However, as yours is a US model it could be different to the UK specification.

Thanks. I know that the xenons themselves are on because the navigation screen is dimmed for night view during the suspected times.

eob
15-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Are you speeding about everywhere? :firedevil

The autolights will activate at speeds above 90 MPH. I found out through, ahem, trial and error. :D

Criterian
17-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I also found that my auto lights can take a while to turn off if you move out slowly from a dimly lit area to bright daylight. I found this out as I sometimes have to queue to get out of the multi-story car park at work.:zx11:

If I come straight out without any hold up, they go off straight away. If I only creep out, they stay on for out 15-20 minutes.

Regards,
Critters.

Issac Hunt
17-11-2010, 04:23 PM
sensitivity can adjusted with VCDS