PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI Tuning

A4 Lad
13-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi guys, I bought an A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line a few months ago. While I love the car, I cant help but not be fully satisfied as I think its very under powered ! I know these are like this from what people have said. I even replaced the DV with the new type but no difference. The turbo does kick in and all but just nothing amazing ! I can get a Celtic Tune done as I have a contact in it for a very reasonable price which boast figures from 197 BHP to 265 BHP and 207 Torque to 281 Torque but just wondering if this will feel vastly different or do you think I should just get used to it ? Im not prepared to go down the line of modified fuel pumps, intercoolers ect ect so just wondering what yous think or has anyone had a remap done on the same engine ?

A4 Lad
15-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone ?

A4 Lad
16-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Input ? Opions ?

A4 Lad
17-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Cheers folks

Quick1
26-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Get it done,you will notice a big difference in power.:D

A4 Lad
26-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Get it done,you will notice a big difference in power.:D

Have you had your own done ? I am still unsure about if it will make that much of a difference to justify the money ?????

Quick1
27-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes i have done it,I have a Audi 2.0T FSI DTM,and have done stage 1 software.All i can say is if you want power you definately get it,I am very happy with it.It has been done by Unitronic and i am currently looking at getting stage2+.Yes it is value for money.:approve:

A4 Lad
27-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Yes i have done it,I have a Audi 2.0T FSI DTM,and have done stage 1 software.All i can say is if you want power you definately get it,I am very happy with it.It has been done by Unitronic and i am currently looking at getting stage2+.Yes it is value for money.:approve:

Whats the DTM ? Is that a special edition or sm I asking a stupid question ?
Ok, I am really quite dumn when it comes to tuning so in laymans terms :
Stage 1 & 2 - Whats the difference ? Do you have to do the whole air filter and stuff like that or is it just ECU changes that you mean ? I take it that you brought yours to a guy that done it for you ?

Quick1
28-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Yes the DTM is limited edition 2.0T fsi Audi thats was made when Audi won the Deutche Touring Masters.They can me upgraded by the factory to 162KW thats what i bought.

Stage 1 is just software that is done.
Stage 2 is software plus exhaust(down pipe) u can can do cold air if you want.

Stage 2+ is the above with HPFP(high pressure fuel pump) and another remap.

Stage 3 is bigger turbo and the rest as well as inter cooler.

I have stage 1 with the exhaust been changed and now going to do stage 2+.

There are alot of software companies arround on the forum.:approve:

cctuning
29-11-2010, 12:13 AM
In my opinion the remap would be worth every penny and I can guarantee you would be happy with it.

Check out the site sponsors current offers section to see our offer which is running throughout December.

Chris

A4 Lad
29-11-2010, 08:40 PM
In my opinion the remap would be worth every penny and I can guarantee you would be happy with it.

Check out the site sponsors current offers section to see our offer which is running throughout December.

Chris

Do you do Northern Ireland ?

cctuning
29-11-2010, 09:08 PM
No sorry we don't cover Northern Ireland, as your location shows Bangor I thought you were from Wales.

Chris

A4 Lad
29-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Ah, I see. No problems. Thank you for your input and advice. When remaped, does the torque of the turbo really noticably increase as in the way it is noticable in the likes of the TDI ? I find mine is more of a comfort type turbo. When on motorways etc. You can feel it there but as far as round the town and taking off from lights and junctions …zzzZZZ boring !!

cctuning
29-11-2010, 11:08 PM
A good remap will totally transform your car and will give a really good torque increase which would be very noticeable.

One option that I do have would be for you to buy a remap tool which is designed to use with your car so that you can read your program, email it to me and then i can email you back a modification file, the box would then be yours to keep for when you decide to change your car. The cost of this would be £400.

Chris

A4 Lad
30-11-2010, 10:32 PM
A good remap will totally transform your car and will give a really good torque increase which would be very noticeable.

One option that I do have would be for you to buy a remap tool which is designed to use with your car so that you can read your program, email it to me and then i can email you back a modification file, the box would then be yours to keep for when you decide to change your car. The cost of this would be £400.

Chris

mmm, a little too pricey for a remap as im sure tou will understand. I really apreciate your help and advice. How many remaps can I do with the box or maybe ill rephrase that to how many can i do for that price ? I have two cars. Could I do both ? :-)

cctuning
30-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes I understand that this costs more money but this box is simply for remapping one car and then when you sell your car you put it back to standard and use the box to remap your next car. For your next car you would need to buy another file to remap the car using the box with the cost of a file being £100.

The benefit of this box is that you can have two maps loaded onto it for you to choose between for example, economy and power and you can also switch your car back to standard whenever needed.

Chris

A4 Lad
30-11-2010, 11:08 PM
It is tempting but the £400 is just that little bit too far for me to grasp. Would there be ANY movement on it ?
A few questions :

Say I keep my own car for five years and then get a new one that I want mapped, can you guarantee support for the new tune at the £100 price ?

Say on the other hand, i get a new car every year, can you still do these many different cars in a year or so gap ?

Im dont mean to sound like a dcik but its just to see if i can get value for money where as i can get a celtic tune for £200 all in.

Have you a link and how would it compare to celtic tunings similar box ?

cctuning
30-11-2010, 11:18 PM
It is tempting but the £400 is just that little bit too far for me to grasp. Would there be ANY movement on it ?
A few questions :

Say I keep my own car for five years and then get a new one that I want mapped, can you guarantee support for the new tune at the £100 price ?

Say on the other hand, i get a new car every year, can you still do these many different cars in a year or so gap ?

Im dont mean to sound like a dcik but its just to see if i can get value for money where as i can get a celtic tune for £200 all in.

Have you a link and how would it compare to celtic tunings similar box ?

No sorry I can't do any movement on the price as the cost involved means that I don't have any movement.

To answer your questions:

If you keep your car for 5 years then yes I can guarantee help and support and a file for £100.

You are able to change the car that you map on the box as frequently as you like.

This is the same box as Celtic Tuning's as we all sell the same box but they are just branded in different ways as this is just a read and write tool the difference is the maps provided for your car which are written by the individual tuning companies.

Hope this answers your questions.

Chris

A4 Lad
30-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Ah ok, understand about the same boxes and just different writters. Ill have a think Chris and see. I just wish I lived in the mainland to pop up and get her done inhouse. Your setup looks amazing. N Ireland needs something like your company and knowledge

cctuning
30-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks and if you would like to know anything else let me know.

dod1e
14-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Another option is the superchips blue fin, im selling mine.

A4 Lad
15-12-2010, 12:50 AM

What does that involve ? Can you email me directly on ************** and let me know how much you want ? Is it for the B7 A4 2.0ltr FSIT ? What engine code is yours ? I am interested, sorry for all the questions

A4 Lad
15-12-2010, 12:58 AM

After a quick two minute google, it appears the blue fin is locked to one car. Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

dod1e
15-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I've sent you a PM on here but to answer your last question, once you download your map onto the unit it is locked to that particular car. However I have had mine reset by superchips for use on a new car before selling.

I have an AXX 2.0TFSI engine in my A3, but if you tell me your engine code I can contact superchips and enquire about compatibility.

riggssuzuki
16-12-2011, 07:54 PM
How did you find the bluefin? I have a 2011 2.0 dynamik. I think its 211 bhp standard and i would love to re map. How much? PM me if you can.

dod1e
17-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I didn't get what I was looking for for it so I have used it on my own car.

Definitely worth doing, very noticeable increase in power, it now feels like I hoped it would in the first place.

I think the 211bhp engine remaps up to around 250-260 mark.

A4 Lad
09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
No one ever told me that I was able to use it in my car :( Thats why it was not bought

A4 Lad
15-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Just a follow up to this. Is there any advances in tuning now or decrease in prices for the bluefin or other types of tuning boxes ?

Aptuning
15-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Just a follow up to this. Is there any advances in tuning now or decrease in prices for the bluefin or other types of tuning boxes ?
Hi there A4 Lad, If you would like to give me a shout on info@APTuning.co.uk I can help you out.
I must ask though, if you know you can get remapped for £200 by the company you have mentioned a few months back, then why have you not done so as of yet?

A4 Lad
15-04-2012, 10:28 PM
No problem AP. Ill drop you a line

A4 Lad
15-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi there A4 Lad, If you would like to give me a shout on info@APTuning.co.uk I can help you out.
I must ask though, if you know you can get remapped for £200 by the company you have mentioned a few months back, then why have you not done so as of yet?

Sent you an email matey :)

Aptuning
16-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Sent you an email matey :)
Hi there, I hope you have had a chance to speak to my friend Serge? Let me know how you get on

A4 Lad
16-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, he gave me a ring today. Very sound guy. Thank you very much :)