PDA

View Full Version : New Key

johnpen
21-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I need to get a new key for my 2006 A6 (my 2 year old decided to loose it for me). I still have the spare with the code, but dont want to risk loosing it.

Can I only get them from Audi? And how much am I looking at?

Peter D
21-06-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=25&a=13

Right under your nose.

Regards

Peter

N1CK
22-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow! I seem to remember those words myself from Peter D not so long ago. I chose to buy second hand from ebay and I think got a bargain buy it now £31 for nearly new fob/ new blade (uncut)/ a step by step programming guide, although I do not know if this works as I havn't received it yet.

johnpen
22-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Its ok, I've found the key (it was in the Video Player!)

Sam
22-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Its ok, I've found the key (it was in the Video Player!)

Of course!

You're either very fond of the ale , or you have children.

Eshrules
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow! I seem to remember those words myself from Peter D not so long ago. I chose to buy second hand from ebay and I think got a bargain buy it now £31 for nearly new fob/ new blade (uncut)/ a step by step programming guide, although I do not know if this works as I havn't received it yet.

i can guarantee it wont work ;) you need to code the key blade to the immobilizer.... the step by step guide is for syncing the alarm fob to your alarm im afraid you have been misled :(

N1CK
04-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes your right, The instructions details given are only for programming the operation of the central locking system and when car started with this new fob/key the car security light flashes and engine dies(approx 2 secs).
So I'll have to be patient until more funds are available for the link cable.

If anyone wishes to have the step by step information to programme a replacement fob to the their car I think I've seen it under the A4 Forum(if you cant find it I can e-mail it to you).

Peter D
04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
The original OP declared he had a two year old. The video recorder is a great place for keys, lego, small farm animals, toast and Jam sandwiches. I wish I had a £ for everytime I have fixed someones video recoder by turning it unside down and emtying the lego. Regards Peter