PDA

View Full Version : deactivate remote boot release

448jv
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi,
Anyone know how to deactivate the button on the remote which opens the tailgate?
My customer likes to store his keys in his pocket and keeps opening the boot.
Many thanks, J.V

Crasher
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I imagine you would have to do it in the long coding function of the central electrics unit using a diagnostic system such as VCDS.

448jv
11-11-2010, 02:35 PM
cheers for the reply.
I am almost certainly going to change the long coding with the VAS 5051b.

The wierd thing is the customer has been told by another main dealer that it is possible to only disable the one remote and still keep the function on his wifes key?

Does anyone know if that is possible?

If i change the convenience ecu long code neither key will work.

gamichea
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Just a thought, its just as easy to operate the unlock and lock buttons this way but its clearly not so obvious you've done it. I know, I've done it many times usaually when crouching while working on the car so the contents of my trouser pockets get scrunched. Possible solutions are to keep the key in a breast or jacket pocket if you can or maybe hang it from a trouser belt loop.

Criterian
11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
It may be just as easy to accidently press the door unlock button, but if you do and you don't open any of the doors, the car will automatically lock itself again after 30-60 seconds. Well, at least mine does. Found this out by accident when I unlocked my car but got talking to someone before opening the door. :o

However, if you accidently press the boot release without noticing, then it won't close itself. :Blush2: I wonder if the alarm would sound after a while if the doors are locked and the boot left open? Maybe worth a try/nice to know? :confused:

Regards,

Criters :D

fluxboi
25-11-2010, 08:00 PM
It may be just as easy to accidently press the door unlock button, but if you do and you don't open any of the doors, the car will automatically lock itself again after 30-60 seconds. Well, at least mine does. Found this out by accident when I unlocked my car but got talking to someone before opening the door. :o

However, if you accidently press the boot release without noticing, then it won't close itself. :Blush2: I wonder if the alarm would sound after a while if the doors are locked and the boot left open? Maybe worth a try/nice to know? :confused:

Regards,

Criters :D

I was in a training session and parked right outside the room where we were being trained. During the session I managed to not only open the boot but also open all of the windows.

The alarm did not go off!!!! Thankfully it was in the middle of no-where and not raining!

Morale of the story is that I never keep my keys in my trouser pocket anymore!

DMitch16
29-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I was in a training session and parked right outside the room where we were being trained. During the session I managed to not only open the boot but also open all of the windows.

The alarm did not go off!!!! Thankfully it was in the middle of no-where and not raining!

Morale of the story is that I never keep my keys in my trouser pocket anymore!

Auto window closure (rain closure) can be turned on with VCDS if you have the rain sensor for auto wipers on your windscreen. If it rains the windows close themselves!

On the boot release subject mine popped open one evening and some scrote pinched my Blacks 55L rucksack out of the boot (nothing of monetary value in it but the rucksack had been up several mountains with me and had helped me raise a good deal of money for the British Heart Foundation so it had sentimental value for sure). It is by far the most annoying remote function I have not yet been able to turn off!

M1tchy
30-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Yeah it can be done. There are 8 sentences that refer to closing and opening of the boot (detail on exact wording is in the A7 tips and trick VCDS thread) you need to deactivate the one that says open by fob/remote/key or what ever the wording is. Leave the one that says button as that is the button in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk