PDA

View Full Version : Question Alloy Wheel Corrosion

petor
06-11-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a low miliage A3 that is nearly 3yrs old i.e. nearly out of warranty and it's very expensive alloy wheels (£890 option) are showing severe signs of corrosion, which is not due to curbing. The best Audi is offering is 50% towards refurbishment. :zx11: Anyone else experienced this problem?

JON76
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
They shouldn't be showing severe corrosion at 3 years/low mileage. Mine is nearly 4 years old and done 25k, and the wheels are in perfect condition apart from one which has a tiny spot of corrosion which looks like it was caused by a stone chip.

I don't know what the warranty says about wheels but I'd be pushing for the full cost of the refurb

tlionhart
07-11-2010, 01:30 PM
if its less than 3yrs it should be a FULL refurb at the least. I know audi don't like giving alloys out, even if they are to fault. They kerbed my dads alloy, his car was 3 weeks old and took it in for a repair on a comp glitch. They refurbed it.

petor
29-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Audi have now agreed to supply a new set of wheels to replace my corroded ones. So a bit of persistence was needed but I am feeling very pro-Audi at the moment.:o

tlionhart
30-11-2010, 11:48 PM
mind you its a bit worrying reading the 'winter wheels' leaflet. You get a new set of alloys for the winter in addtion to the winter tyres. Something tells me they know the laquer easily comes of in the winter. :aargh4: