PDA

View Full Version : How to, QUESTION

Canesguy
05-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Anyone know how to turn down the volume when using the verbal command feature? When I press the steering wheel button, it blasts me out. There are no options to adjust it in the "sounds" or "set-up" categories of my nav. equiped vehicle.

Thanks, in advance.

Criterian
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
The easiest way I have found is to use the volume control when the navigation commands are being spoken. You will notice that you get a blue volume level line, rather than the red one you get for normal audio volume.Regards,Critters.

thax1
09-11-2010, 08:56 AM
The easiest way I have found is to use the volume control when the navigation commands are being spoken. You will notice that you get a blue volume level line, rather than the red one you get for normal audio volume.Regards,Critters.

... and pushing in the right-hand rotary knob will prompt her into talking - so you don't have to wait 6.9 miles to the next round-about ;)

I'm usually running mine with the nav voice off altogether. It's a shame there's no easy, quick way such as a dedicated mute button to silence her when you need to. I thought the 'Dynamic' option was good (she only talks when you deviate from the planned route), but have found this resets to 'Always On' once you deviate, and the setting is lost.

If you run the nav voice in 'Off' - you can always prod the RH knob to get an instruction if the onscreen piccys don't make sense.

[Above comments relate to RNS510, dunno if the 310/315 are similar]

Canesguy
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
My volume on voice commands now responds (it didn't at first) to the radio volume control, but it ended up decreasing the volume on my phone via Bluetooth, so I still have to find a happy medium.:aargh4: