PDA

View Full Version : Should i tint my windows?

golf7100
05-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone,

So im thinking about tinting my back passenger windows and rear windscreen. Got a quote for £120 for the job at motorworks in aberdeen.

Just not entirely sure about getting them done, was wondering how well window tinting usually works, if it bubbles or cracks thats all??

Andrew

aleem
13-11-2010, 07:56 PM
As long as a quality film is used and the fitter knows what s/he's doing then shouldn't be a problem.

The local Armed Response team (police) have it fitted by a local company to some cars they use so they can move around without their kit being on show.

Jam__GTI
20-11-2010, 02:58 AM
Let me know how you got on with this as i am thinking of getting the same done to my golf and £120 is a good enough price to warrent a road trip to Aberdeen from Inverness. Use it as a way to make out im taking the woman away for the weekend :p

brum_s4
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
£120 is a good price for tints in birmingham they charge £150 for the backs and £200 plus for the full car depending on size of the car like i.e audi a4 avant etc

roadiescot
24-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey everyone,

So im thinking about tinting my back passenger windows and rear windscreen. Got a quote for £120 for the job at motorworks in aberdeen.

Just not entirely sure about getting them done, was wondering how well window tinting usually works, if it bubbles or cracks thats all??

Andrew

did u get it done? might consider it myself if they did a good job

asrpaint
24-01-2011, 04:58 PM
£120 is a good price for tints in birmingham they charge £150 for the backs and £200 plus for the full car depending on size of the car like i.e audi a4 avant etc

Hi mate i am getting my a4 avant done for £ 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cos i can

aaudi4
28-01-2011, 12:48 AM
dont go to dark though. made mistake with the wifes car and got them tinted to dark and it was to much. the windows dont blend in. to try and make them blend in now would make front illegal.

aleem
27-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I know the feeling, Had to rip mine off and now left with a stick residue on the windows which is a pain to remove.

De-icer spray is good for cleaning the residue off. Make sure you wipe off any splashes off trim parts.

neoxmario
27-05-2011, 03:00 PM
id never pay 100+ quid for it did it myself, couple hours of work and job done, its just the rear window thats needs more atention cause you got to use the heat gun, and if you ever decide to go down this rode dont over do it cause the tint film burns... :)

gtuser
28-07-2011, 09:35 AM
I had my car done a year ago and went quite dark on the back and rear windows. Only advice I give is not to go that dark on the rear window and it makes reversing on a dark night hard to see anything.