PDA

View Full Version : auto gearbox

scottywalk
04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Can anyone tell me if the gearbox ecu needs coding only have replaced mine due to fault , frist the car seemed to run in limp mode not lettin me hit turbo (car is 18t sport auto 1998 a3) now it looks like the ecu has locked the gears out as unable to get any drive !!!! this problem is doin my head in any help would be great .. been told to plug old ecu in plug in vag com get workshop codes??? then replace with new ecu and input the codes from old ecu ??? anyone konw if this is right :beerchug:

cctuning
04-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes that is right you would need to enter the original codes through vag-com. Have you tested the maf sensor because this can cause gear change problems on automatics.

scottywalk
05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
dude your a star great to hear i am goin about it the right way think maf sensor is ok as it was only 2nd to 3rd gear that was the problem , all bein well will have her sorted saturday afternoon will let you know results again thanks fella :D:D:D:D:beerchug:

cctuning
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Good luck getting it sorted!!!

scottywalk
07-11-2010, 09:23 AM
:aargh4: HO NO..... Not got it sorted still not running really need help with this had it pluged in to vag com and ecu codes same so dont know what to do now or how to reset ......thinkin maybe need to locate another ecu or try get one of them tested but it all costs so much to do... any ideas of any good audi spares really need some HELP.......:confused:

cctuning
11-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Are you definitely sure it is the ecu that is faulty? Have you checked the gearbox oil? What fault codes have you got?

scottywalk
11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Dude it the gearbox thats had it :mad: so its bye bye to the audi can get one off ebay (gearbox)but dont have time or know how to sort is she has to go ... thanks for your help in this dude your a top man .If you know any one who would buy it form me give me the nod thanks again dude . take it easy