PDA

View Full Version : Question Pocket carpet

Axios
04-11-2010, 08:52 AM
My door pockets and centre control has carpet inlays (which is nice!).
It looks like the last owner left some sweets or something sticky in the pockets.

any one got any recomendations on products and best way to clean theses?

shadfx
04-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Try Autoglym interior cleaner - theres a little blue pad which you need to buy as well (cant remember the name of said pad) to get the best out of it. Douse sweety remnants in the cleaner and gently rub it with your blue pad (not too hard or else you will just rub the stuff in more) - with any luck it should come out.

Depending on how embedded in the carpet the sweets are, you could also get a hair combe in there, get underneath the sweet stuff and pull upwards - just an idea that might help.

JimC64
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey there, sounds like a mess:o
I know it may not be what you want to hear, but could it be easier to replace them? I wouldn't have thought it could be too expensive and your car sounds nice.....trying to clean up that sticky mess might even conceiveably make it worse:confused:

I guess you could always try a steam cleaner with an attachment nozzle to loosen it and go from there.......

sorry, but thats as far as my thinking takes me...good luck :beerchug:

Axios
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Steam cleaner and then some Autoglym cleaner sounds like a plan. I might give that a go.

If i can find a steamer. :)

Thanks.

JimC64
04-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I bought a little hand held steamer a while ago, but even that was like £40+
I'm thinking unless you really need one for the car / house etc it may be a good idea to try and borrow one:o

Anyway, whatever route you decide to go down, please remember to come back and post it up......always nice to get some closure on threads.....too many just seem open ended for me!

Good luck:beerchug:

Axios
14-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I have not forgotten about this, I can't really, every time i pull something out of the pockets its sticky. lol

I'm trying to find a steamer with a small enouth nossel to fit in to the pockets.

If the weather picks up, I'll give it ago with just the glue and tar remover for now.