PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate Slogan

A4 Lad
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
You know the one that I mean ! On the bottom of the number plate that normally says where the car was purchased from that no one can actually see ........

Im getting a new set of plates made and want any suggestion or what you guys may have on yours. I have an S-Line 2.0 T Quattro

JimC64
02-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Its up to you I guess as its your plate......me personally?
I have my name, pure and simple:approve:

There will be those that say thats illegal, what you're asking and about to do is Illegal....and It is I suppose.
However, when I see number plates about 10" long and 2" high on bikes / cars and lettering you can hardly even read, numbers/ letters so mis spaced with 2 or 3 black headed screws to make that L look like a 4 or whatever, I think thats the least of the Police' worries...lol

Sorry I can't be any more help, but unless you have a nickname / name for your car etc I really can't help much.

Let us know what you decide though:beerchug:

A4 Lad
02-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Cheers Jim. I dont know, might just be as easy to stick my company web site <removed>
I know there illegal and all that but im trying to fing slightly squashed or metro style but there all weird and wonderfull now like "batman" & "western" and all that crap

JimC64
03-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Nice one Bamgorlad, you got a company website, put it on there:approve:

As for style etc etc....I have always used myshowplates.com ....for my plates, check them out!
They really are pretty good and offer pretty much any combo you could want:beerchug:

Good luck

A4 Lad
03-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Was reading through your posts about lighting. Very nice and love your personal plate !

JimC64
03-11-2010, 09:21 AM
thanks for the kind comments Bangor lad:beerchug:
Please remember to come back to this thread and post up what you decided to do, maybe add pics, although some people are very wary of posting these and if thats the case thats ok, but just let us know how you end up:approve:

All the best

A4 Lad
03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Will do jim. Thanks

bambamjj
21-11-2010, 09:07 PM
On the bottom of mine i have "WARNING - Audi police camera test vehicle"

Got it after being stopped for having my company name. contact details by the police. :biglaugh:

zollaf
24-11-2010, 08:41 PM
i order plates, and fit them as they come, with the correct colour screw caps on, and the place that made them at the bottom. boring i know, but i just cant be doing with getting pulled over by an angry cop who wants to arrest me because my plates have 'batman' written on them, or go nosing around and find other things wrong.

A4 Lad
24-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Thats true. I never did bother getting anything different. Is it against the law to have my company name at the bottom ?

paynts
20-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I have on mine.

Built in Germany Driven in Cornwall.

Gets people chuckling

A4 Lad
20-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I have on mine.

Built in Germany Driven in Cornwall.

Gets people chuckling

HAY HAY, Now that I like !! :notworthy

A4 Lad
20-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Although you got me looking again and I do also like

Difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

paynts
21-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Built in Germany Refined in Wales

paynts
21-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Even though its ilegal I think your fine with a slogan as long as its not offensive in any way.
Most cops have more important things to deal with.
Ive been using slogans on bikes and cars for years and never had a problem with cops or strict MOT testers.

I think what is worst is when private plates have there numbers spaced incorrectly or the wrong size/ text, not the border on the bottom.

phil miller
21-12-2010, 08:21 PM
many years ago i had a mk2 astra and fitted a V6 cailbra engine on the bottom of that plate i had DONT BOTHER V6 always made me laugh

on my golf i have WWW.VWAUDIFORUM.CO.UK if i get pulled i will just put my old ones back on:D

A4 Lad
21-12-2010, 09:20 PM
many years ago i had a mk2 astra and fitted a V6 cailbra engine on the bottom of that plate i had DONT BOTHER V6 always made me laugh

on my golf i have WWW.VWAUDIFORUM.CO.UK if i get pulled i will just put my old ones back on:D

lol, I like that. Very good :-) I ordered them today from no1showplates.com with the slogan
Difference Between Men And Boys Is The Price Of Their Toys !
Sounds good at the time of ordering lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and loving every minute of it !!!!

phil miller
21-12-2010, 10:19 PM
i posted up pics of my new plates when you have fitted them post some up mate

A4 Lad
22-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Shall do. Ill have the LED lights in her then too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and loving every minute of it !!!!