PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Surely somebody knows ??!!!

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi guys, I have searched web, ebay, forums, everywhere. LED REAR TAIL LIGHTS !!!!!
I have seen a few solid ones and a few wierd looking black ones but I want them to look like the new a6 ones. The outline of LED rather than a solid light with the tail lights on. I have seen a guy in Spain that made his own and a guy in Australia too but surely I am not the only guy in the complete UK that is on the hunt for these ? Can no one even make them ?! Mine is a2005 B7 Salon. Please tell me where to get them :-)

Ben
01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
have patience. It took and age for the retrofit manufatcurers to produce the led headlights for the b7 and now you can get them for £250 on ebay. I suggest you ask those in the know, like the sellers of the headlights.

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
i have, they only ever give a short answer like, All we stock is what you see or some BS like that. Is there no one that has actually purchased or got some one to make these ?
I know this is the B8 but this is the style that I am after ....

darich
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Will post an image in a mo......
:biglaugh:

darich
01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
You mean LED lights like this????http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323709/rear-leds.jpg

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Holy S?&T ! Yes just like them indeed !!! Where are they ? Please tell me there not for the avant or ill scream lol

darich
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.bm-town.com/#/audi-a4b7-lighting/4539144436

Smoked, clear and red varieties.

I'm surprisd you never found them searching - I found them quite easily and have had the site saved in my favourites for a few months now.

You can buy me a drink if we ever meet at a meet!! :beerchug:

EDIT - on a saloon
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323709/leds-on-car.jpg

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I will anyway for looking but there for the avant, just like these http://www.dectane.de/product_info.php?info=p43861_litec-led-taillights-audi-a4-avant-b7-04-08---red-crystal.html

Edit - I take that back, im on iphone and site wont load proper and I just seen your edit. What you having then ? :-) Getting the laptop out now !

darich
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Dam....you're right...sorry for building your hopes up!!!

Wonder why no saloon version though???

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Thats an avant !! lol

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I dont know, bloody stupid I think. Why for the avant but not the salon ? God only knows ! You would think that someone would do them.

Edit - nope the link is also for avant, thought they were black salon ones till i read description.

You any good with a soldering iron and a drimel lol ?

darich
01-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I think you'll need more than a soldering iron and a dremel to make your car an avant!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I did wonder how easy it would be to DIY - a few leds and a couple of lights from a scrappy. Could be tricky though - I'm not that way inclined - I'd rather pay someone else!!

I realised that was an avant after I posted.....so removed my statement that it was a saloon hoping no one has read it. Guess I was wrong!!

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I think you'll need more than a soldering iron and a dremel to make your car an avant!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I did wonder how easy it would be to DIY - a few leds and a couple of lights from a scrappy. Could be tricky though - I'm not that way inclined - I'd rather pay someone else!!

:-) my thoughts exactly ! I would end up messing it up and needing two normal tail lights to get her back to normal !
Dont worry about getting it wrong, your only getting a coke now though :-)

darich
01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
a coke??? if it's a meet I'll have the car so couldn't drink anyway so a coke:biglaugh: was all I ever had in mind! :)

A4 Lad
01-11-2010, 11:48 PM
a coke??? if it's a meet I'll have the car so couldn't drink anyway so a coke:biglaugh: was all I ever had in mind! :)

Suppose, thinking about it. Ah well, we will settle for that. Find me my desired lights and ill even service your car while your drinking your coke in its genuine contour coke cola glass with ice and a slice of lemon lol

darich
02-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Suppose, thinking about it. Ah well, we will settle for that. Find me my desired lights and ill even service your car while your drinking your coke in its genuine contour coke cola glass with ice and a slice of lemon lol

Can you manage that before Wednesday as it's booked for service in a couple of days!!!!...lol
Suppose that means I don't have much time to find your lights then!:biglaugh:

A4 Lad
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Can you manage that before Wednesday as it's booked for service in a couple of days!!!!...lol
Suppose that means I don't have much time to find your lights then!:biglaugh:

Its in your hands :-) Get googling !
Its one of them things that seemed easy until you go to look for it.
Aww well, ill ask santa !

A4 Lad
13-11-2010, 09:41 PM
For future searchers about the product that I am after here. Up to this date and lots and lots and lots of research and google time, the only way to purchase these lights is to do a DIY on your old ones and a set of B8 tail lights which is very involved and I wouldnt know where to start. No one actually makes them to date and no one is expected to make them in the near future.

Ben
14-11-2010, 12:04 AM
a quick search on ebay using the term 'audi a4 b7 led rear lights' yielded the following results
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=audi+a4+b7+led+rear+lights&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And of these results are these...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-RS4-B7-led-rear-lamps-light-set-Touring-red-clr-/300451182739?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f4493893

Hows that?

Ben
14-11-2010, 12:10 AM
sorry, just re read this whole thread and finally worked out that bangor lad drives a saloon

A4 Lad
14-11-2010, 12:30 AM
sorry, just re read this whole thread and finally worked out that bangor lad drives a saloon

Its ok Ben, thanks for your time searching all the same but I really really do not think there is anyone in the world that makes them ! I would love someone to prove me wrong lol

darich
14-11-2010, 12:32 PM
BangorLad

Have you emailed any of the places that sell the avant lights to ask them? They may know of somewhere that sells them.

A4 Lad
14-11-2010, 12:39 PM
BangorLad

Have you emailed any of the places that sell the avant lights to ask them? They may know of somewhere that sells them.
Yes tried every manufacturer and seller WORLWIDE thats possible. The only option that I have is this guy that sells a diy as far as I can see, I have emailed him again this morning so ill let you know if he comes back to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopuZGOyJY4

A4 Lad
14-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Ok, I think I will just give up on this idea at the minute. The guy got back to me. £610 for md to send him my tail lights and then for him to modify them to make the B8 look !!!! Thats alot of well earned cash for a set of tail lights. I might even look into modifying a set of B8 LED tail lights to fit my tail light shells. Does anyone have an old LED tail light that they would be willing to sell in the name of science lol ?

A4 Lad
15-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Last and final chance ( for real this time ) is a guy from Germany that makes LED products. I have emailed my requirements so ill post the results.
Out of interest, would anyone else be interested in buying them or am I on my own here lol ?

allanmb
16-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Last and final chance ( for real this time ) is a guy from Germany that makes LED products. I have emailed my requirements so ill post the results.
Out of interest, would anyone else be interested in buying them or am I on my own here lol ?

I would be interested too! If the price was right ;)

A4 Lad
16-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok allan, he emailed me back today and showed me an example which still looks like an avant version but we will see when he responds again

A4 Lad
20-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Nope. They are for AVANT !!! I give up, they cannot be got !

A4 Lad
13-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Back on the hunt again. Seen another S4 B8 today and I WANT HIS TAIL LIGHTS ! Ill keep the post updated

Adman
13-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Back on the hunt again. Seen another S4 B8 today and I WANT HIS TAIL LIGHTS ! Ill keep the post updated
Hey,
Not sure if you have come across these before, they are LED but not quite the B8 look and are for the SALOON!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-B7-8E-SALOON-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-red-smoke-/360273661964?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e1fbd00c

Ad

A4 Lad
13-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, thanks for looking all the same. I want the ones that have a hollow outline of LED rather than these which are a solid block of LEDs. I have found a few guys that make LED projects so i have sent them an email to see what they come back with. Thanks again though