PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Connect MP# player problem

ccarm
31-10-2010, 07:49 PM
My Creative Zen player is connected to my Tiguan with an USB. The Zen recognizes my player but the Tiguan does not.
Help, please.

Issac Hunt
31-10-2010, 08:23 PM
age of car? what stereo? what connection cables are you using? do you have MDI?

a few details always help......

ccarm
31-10-2010, 09:25 PM
2009 Tiguan. I am trying to connect to the radio navigation system that came installed from the factory. I am using an USB cable between the Mp3 player and the UBS that is inside the armrest.
I have a Creative Zen Micro with Playback Format: MPEG Audio Layer 3 (MP3), Windows Media™ Audio (WMA) and WAV

Boogieshoes
02-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I have a ZEN Vision M30, I've not heard of Zens playing audio via the USB connect except with a medial player connect on a PC. I'm not sure but I think unless you are an 'Apple Slave' you may have to resort toe the 3.5mm audio connect and no direct navigation of the Zen.

thax1
03-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Link here
http://www.my-gti.com/2491/volkswagen-media-device-interface-mdi-firmware-upgrade-0111-kw22-2010

lists the Zen (well some models) as tested and ok on the recent firmware.

There is a link and instructions on downloading the latest MDI firmware to a usb stick to update your cars hardware.

Also some of the zen devices take up to 30 sec to pass battery life info etc to the MDI before connecting for music.

Hope this works for you.