PDA

View Full Version : Mark 6 mud flaps

noonoo63
30-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Everyone

Thinking of getting mud flaps for my mark 6 how easy are they to fit yourself???

Vw dealer wants £110 have seen them on various sites for £66 for front and rear

genuine vw:confused: Any help would be appreciated .Thanks Getting a bit of

stone damage to underside of sills hence the inquiry

SC03OTT
30-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I fitted them myself on my Jetta. Easy to do. Wheel off, few holes in the arch liner and you're done.

Keithuk
30-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Front mud flaps 5K0 075 111 - £62
Rear mud flaps 5K0 075 101 - £62

I had these fitted as part of the basic protection pack for £220 with includes full mat set, front and rear mud flaps and the loadliner. The stupid sales girl said they don't come with mats but they do so I have a spare set.

They are easy to fit as SC03OTT says.

If you want a list of VW MkVI accessories you can down the pdf file from here (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/accessories/golf-vi-accessories.pdf) ;)

SC03OTT
30-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I suggest you give the car a good wash before doing it so you don't scratch the paint work as you will move and slide the guards a bit when fitting. Also it's worth asking the parts dept if they can come down a little on price. I saved about £20. Said I could get them cheaper elsewhere (which I genuinely could but would have had to wait for them to be shipped) and would they price match. They went a step further and ended up being cheaper.

slowhand
31-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I bought a set, but they are still in the boot 3 months later, I just can't get up the enthusiasm to take the rear wheels off, I think I might be able to fit the fronts by just turing the steering.

percymon
31-10-2010, 12:36 AM
If you are happy with copy mud flaps then they range from £15 to £30 for a full set via eBay.

noonoo63
31-10-2010, 10:42 AM
yes I am the same about having to take the rear wheels off as I am getting on a bit but fairly fit. Plus it is getting colder ( live in Scotland ). May try the other suggestion of getting the dealer to drop the price you can only ask.

WeegieBob
31-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Doddle to fit - VW kit comes with instructions and all the bits you need and they're a perfect fit to the body contours. :)

There's another thread about MkVI mudflaps about a year ago if you do a search.

WeegieBob.

noonoo63
13-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I suggest you give the car a good wash before doing it so you don't scratch the paint work as you will move and slide the guards a bit when fitting. Also it's worth asking the parts dept if they can come down a little on price. I saved about £20. Said I could get them cheaper elsewhere (which I genuinely could but would have had to wait for them to be shipped) and would they price match. They went a step further and ended up being cheaper.
Okay so I phoned two dealers today and asked them to quote supply and fit front and rear mudflaps hold onto your hats.... first one wanted £165 which I thought was a bit steep second one wanted ......wait for it............£192 ouch. Now I know that in the VW brochure they are £62 /pair but I found this dealer www.robinsonsmotorgroup.co.uk where they are selling mark 6 mudflaps front and rear for.........£30.65/pair? If I didn't live in Scotland think I would ask them for a quote.
Comments please

Gerryf
13-11-2010, 05:14 PM
If you're close to Glasgow Noonoo63 you could have the satisfaction of fitting the bargain mud flaps yourself :

http://autodiy.wordpress.com/

Like you, I couldn't be bothered fitting mud flaps during the colder weather but I'd like you to know they really are a doddle to fit.

noonoo63
13-11-2010, 08:11 PM
If you're close to Glasgow Noonoo63 you could have the satisfaction of fitting the bargain mud flaps yourself :

http://autodiy.wordpress.com/

Like you, I couldn't be bothered fitting mud flaps during the colder weather but I'd like you to know they really are a doddle to fit.
Thanks Gerry, unfortunately I am on the East coast but what a great idea at least you are under cover and that's what is putting me off. Might buy them and fit in the summer.......believe that will be June 2nd next year in Scotland lol.

DW58
13-11-2010, 08:39 PM
What ... ... .. one more day of Summer than we Scots had in 2010?

WeegieBob
14-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Ah, summer - I remember that day, I think it didn't even rain! LOL!

WeegieBob. ;)

noonoo63
16-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Got my car serviced today and asked service department what they charge for front and rear mudflaps....... £28 per pair plus vat:biglaugh:...... so got them. Just got to get a good day to fit them now but as previous people have said look a doddle.......full vw instructions which look idiot proof. :D Time will tell ....looks like the front wheels have to come off as well as the rear....ah well will give me a chance to thoroughly clean and polish the wheels while they are off.

DW58
16-11-2010, 05:48 PM
At that price I could be tempted - I might just pop in by the local dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say - knowing them I bet it's not £28/pr.

As you say it's a good excuse to get the wheels off and clean the backs and put some protective wax on them.

Keithuk
16-11-2010, 05:52 PM
The problem is guys if the dealer is fitting these flaps then you won't be there to clean and polish your wheels will you? ;)

DW58
16-11-2010, 06:08 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/HighlandSniper58/Emoticons/doh.gif I for one will not be paying the dealer to fit mud-flaps, I'm not made of money. That's why I mentioned cleaning my wheels - I really can't imagine any dealer allowing this on his premises :p