PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet catch

gleechy
30-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Hello, all, I have a problem with my 2005 passat est. The other night the alarm went off, middle of the night a couple of times. The day after the warning light for bonnet came up as I turned the ignition on, then went off. I sprayed wd 40 on the catch area, then put spray grease on, and it went for a couple of days no problem. As I was driving today there was a warning sound on the dash and bonnet lit up in the display and stayed on.When I take the key out of the ignition the bonnet sensor appears to work as it should, till after a short while then the alarm goes off again, as soon as I put the key in the ignition it shows the bonnet catch open, take the key out and it just shows as it should my driver's door open, bonnet catch closed. I had a similar problem about six months ago and bought and fit a new sensor from VW This can't be the problem again could it?

dickturpin
30-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Have you checked for water around the control box under the front passenger carpet? That was the source of my alarm problems.

hod
30-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Same thing on my passat, random alarm, turned out to be a micro switch just by the bonnet catch. If you get a VAG diagnostic done, it should show the last 6 times the alarm went off and an error code for the fault. Hope this helps.