PDA

View Full Version : Roof Aerial A6 Avant

webchem
19-06-2007, 05:42 PM
This may sound like an odd question, I have just bought an A6 Avant 2001 with a roof aerial.

If I stick the car through a car wash, do I have to take it off? Does it unscrew? The manual is no help...

I have been using Jet Washes and good old fashioned by hand.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Ta

TonyT
21-06-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah you'll need to unscrew it - or just don't use automatic car washes..... I know what i'd do.

TonyT

Paulpro
22-06-2007, 10:48 AM
You've reminded me of an incident a few years ago. I thought I'd just see how the aerial came off whilst giving the car a good spring clean (not at the car wash). Of course, I left it on the roof next to the rails and forgot all about it. The next day when I drove to work I turned the radio on and realised why the reception was so poor - no aerial !! When I stopped I realised that I had lost it altogether - very frustrating. That night I walked all around the roads where I lived to see if it was in the gutter somewhere. All to no avail, I had to get a new one from the dealers. Can't remember how much it cost but it was quite a bit as you can imagine. Was I pretty fed up with myself.

Lex Luthor
22-06-2007, 11:11 AM
If I stick the car through a car wash, do I have to take it off? Does it unscrew? The manual is no help...

I have a very flexible one on my 2002 Passat the goes thro the car wash just fine.
Check that your aerial can fold forwards easily.
These are sold on eBay.

webchem
23-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks chaps....

Worked a treat (surprise)!