PDA

View Full Version : Center console removal

schoey1
19-06-2007, 12:43 PM
How do you remove the center console so that I can fit a new switch next to the gear stick. I'm sure there are hidden screws and slips there somewhere but dont want to cause any damage.
Has anyone out there ever done this.
This is on an estate 2006 2.0 FSI.

Thanks
Schoey

Flash2
25-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Remove the trim around the heater controls. There are two torx screws in there to remove. Remove the ash tray...another two. Remove the consol side trims...one screw on either side at the front. With the side trims removed you should see a further two torx screws (one either side) about level with the coin box on the consol. Depending on what consol is in your vehicle there will either be 2 more torx screws right at the very back of the consol under a rubber mat or if you have an arm rest on your consol there is one on either side under a plastic cap. You have to move the seat fully forward and raise it fully up with the crank handle to get at them. With that type of consol there are also two 10mm nuts to remove at the very back between the seats.
Caution : when the consol is removed the cable for the heater control can come adrift and it's a pain in the ar..back side to get it back in again.

That's why I said fit the switch in the glovebox :)

Jim