PDA

View Full Version : Snow power?

famous geezer
26-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Hello all, Its time that i need to look into getting myself a set of snow chains or snow socks? Iam just looking to see what others have and what work best for them? I need to get a set for our A4 avant TDi Auto. Our A4 is a tad low from factory fitting. Iam thinking on getting the socks as these will not damage the car. Just incase the chains come off or breck when driving. Thew socks would not gamage the motor as much as the chains could do? Dont get me wrong, the A4 was the nuts in the snow last year. Only got stuck once and the was in a car park!! But got out with a bit of the rock and roll method i do. 9 out of 10 times it works. This year we are of to scotland and possible over to the alps! Cheers all....

zollaf
26-10-2010, 09:28 PM
i bought snow socks last year for the oh to keep in our coupe. they take a few moments to fit, but wouldn't be without them. we tried getting up the hill out of the village without them and had no chance. popped them on and drove straight up. they dont turn it into a landrover, but i dont mind since i have a landrover, but it is the difference between getting somewhere and spending the night in the car. however, you cannot drive on a cleared road with them as tarmac wears them out in seconds. i just got the cheapest ebay ones for about £40, and you only need them on the driving wheels.