PDA

View Full Version : The Fabia's first 1/4 mile sessions

devonutopia
18-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Think I did OK. :)

Was at GTI International and did 9 runs in total. Did 7 of them on the brightest day - the Sunday.

Personal best down the 1/4 was 15.268, with a 0-60 of 6.88 seconds. Not bad I think. Car is currently running an estimated 240/250bhp, but I was really struggling with traction off the line. Ended up just dumping 2nd gear off the start and holding wheelspin at 5000rpm until I thought it was OK to find 3rd gear.

Here's a vid of me going against a mate in his 250bhp Octavia vRS. He beat me by 0.03 of a second... :D

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/cobrd/?action=view&current=JasonChris_mpeg4.flv

MalcQV
18-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Figures are very very impressive ;)

Ben
18-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I like the none alloy rear wheels. Why is that?

Sam
19-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Impressive!

Did you let the air out of the fronts for more traction and all those other tricks?

Can't remember if you've gutted the interior either - is it a daily driver?

Eshrules
19-06-2007, 09:51 AM
mine would beat it :P

LOL very impressive though, i saw some of the videos posted on tdisport too Jason....

why does an octavia move quicker than yours though? if like for like the power is the same, would the octavia not be a slower car?

Captain Answer
19-06-2007, 10:15 AM
mine would beat it :P

LOL very impressive though, i saw some of the videos posted on tdisport too Jason....

why does an octavia move quicker than yours though? if like for like the power is the same, would the octavia not be a slower car?

Depends on the gearing, traction, driver skill. I bet they are about equal weights as diesels are heavy engines

devonutopia
19-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Octavia had better traction at the end of the day. We were both running similar power and would have been around the same weight, maybe I had a little less weight. But he had 18" wheels with big wide tyres and I was running my 17" road tyres, which were pretty good, but not enough traction for my power. So he got the jump on me by a good car length and then I wound it back a fair bit in 3rd and 4th where my extra torque must have helped. He still beat me by 0.03 (about a bonnet length I think :D) of a second. The octavia gets long gearing too - can take 1st/2nd/3rd to 7000rpm odd whereas I'm changing earlier.

Enjoyed it immensely though. For info I had toyo t1-r on the front - 20psi, and "fuel savers" 165/70 on 14" steels on the back - 50PSI. :D

Captain Answer
19-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Octavia had better traction at the end of the day. We were both running similar power and would have been around the same weight, maybe I had a little less weight. But he had 18" wheels with big wide tyres and I was running my 17" road tyres, which were pretty good, but not enough traction for my power. So he got the jump on me by a good car length and then I wound it back a fair bit in 3rd and 4th where my extra torque must have helped. He still beat me by 0.03 (about a bonnet length I think :D) of a second. The octavia gets long gearing too - can take 1st/2nd/3rd to 7000rpm odd whereas I'm changing earlier.

Enjoyed it immensely though. For info I had toyo t1-r on the front - 20psi, and "fuel savers" 165/70 on 14" steels on the back - 50PSI. :D

Tracktooooooooooor powwwwwwer ;)

The Muts Nuts
19-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Reminds me of the red Corsa thats often at Santa Pod, only yours looks better!