PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 spec changes.

puss_tig124
24-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Ordered a Tiguan in June (2010) and still do not have a delivery date.
I'm wondering if & when it does turn up what spec changes there may be.
It's a Match and the main options I went for are, DSG 7 box, sun roof, & leather.
I notice the new brochure has a different steering wheel from the old, are there more changes?.

Boogieshoes
26-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Not great reading from your post, that you don't have a delivery date after ordering in June. (See my post asking if anyone has actually received delivery fo a Tiguan Match yet in 2010).

I've not gone for a DSG box but pretty much all the others.... called the dealer yesterday who said they would call VW to find out about the slot and call back..... I'm still waiting, but thinking Ford Kuga or other equivalent and stuff VW.

As to spec changes - maybe bluetooth will work if HFP protocol is sorted, but I don't think we can bank on it because VW don't seem to give a stuff about our orders anyway so why would they worry about getting this right.

A trade engineer I spoke too said that an HDI engine was being developed along the lines of Peugeot/Citroen as VW injector connections fitted into head casting tend to die on the TDI engines.... but I've not found anything else out.

Good luck

puss_tig124
03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Just been told my Tig will be delivered Feb-March 2011. I'm wondering if it will look like the one shown at the Beijing motor show.

sixgixx
30-11-2010, 08:15 PM
ordered my tig back in july i think....2.0tdi 140 4wd sport, xenon, satnav, dsg, leather, sunroof...got told i can expect it end of feb early march 2011. but again not certain.
having a dilemma though, looking at how all the vw's are being facelifted, the tig must be happening soon. call me a snob, but when i am spending the amount i am spending, i want the latest model. dont know whether to cancel order or see if they can hold the order until facelift comes out, as i dont want to pay vat increase!:aargh4:

puss_tig124
30-11-2010, 10:56 PM
ordered my tig back in july i think....2.0tdi 140 4wd sport, xenon, satnav, dsg, leather, sunroof...got told i can expect it end of feb early march 2011. but again not certain.
having a dilemma though, looking at how all the vw's are being facelifted, the tig must be happening soon. call me a snob, but when i am spending the amount i am spending, i want the latest model. dont know whether to cancel order or see if they can hold the order until facelift comes out, as i dont want to pay vat increase!:aargh4:
I have been told that the Tig MIGHT get the face lift in Sept2011.

sixgixx
01-12-2010, 07:22 PM
spoke to dealer today, and they basically said they know nothing of a facelift model coming out. they can understand what i am saying about the range being facelifted, but at present nothing on the tig.

in relation to my order, they need to investigate if i will face a penalty in cancelling my order if i choose to. even though nothing has been built, they say as the order has been taken, that car will be built to my spec and delivered to them. im sorry, but thats balls.

also, even if my car gets built in march and a facelift came out in feb, i would still receive the pre-facelift because that is what i ordered, they wont give me the new version or the option of choosing the new version.

i really wished i looked into all this before i ordered this car.

puss_tig124
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
spoke to dealer today, and they basically said they know nothing of a facelift model coming out. they can understand what i am saying about the range being facelifted, but at present nothing on the tig.

in relation to my order, they need to investigate if i will face a penalty in cancelling my order if i choose to. even though nothing has been built, they say as the order has been taken, that car will be built to my spec and delivered to them. im sorry, but thats balls.

also, even if my car gets built in march and a facelift came out in feb, i would still receive the pre-facelift because that is what i ordered, they wont give me the new version or the option of choosing the new version.

i really wished i looked into all this before i ordered this car.

How much does the "dealer" want to cancel your order?. You might think it's worth it !!