PDA

View Full Version : HELP-PLEASE Audi A4 1.9Tdi (90) Loss of power

B51.9TDi96
23-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Hello all, this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have just recently bought a B5 1.9tdi 90bhp

The problem i have is when accelerating hard there are breaks in the acceleration then it picks up and it keeps doing this all through the rev range.. through every gear...

If anyone could help i would be more than grateful

thankyou.

DaveDeMan
25-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Sounds like it could be a few things but i had the same problem as you had

I replaced my MAF senser and this fixed the problem but then it came back only to find that i had a break in my air flow system

The pipe in the top of the air filter that runs at the back of the engine bay has broken

I cant seem to find where its broken from yet because its too short to plug in to where it is so i think a section of that pipe has fallen away as the remains of a nipple are stuck in the hose

newmanacp
29-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I have also had this probelm in the past. I had my MAF sensor checked to find out one of the wires had came loose and was causing it to short. I had that fix. Then a few months latter the problem came back. at this time the car was in for a service. The guys told me that the pipe had a few holes in it. They replaced it for me. Not had a problem since

yaman
29-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello all, this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have just recently bought a B5 1.9tdi 90bhp

The problem i have is when accelerating hard there are breaks in the acceleration then it picks up and it keeps doing this all through the rev range.. through every gear...

If anyone could help i would be more than grateful

thankyou.

I would change the fuel filter, if the problem is still there,
then scan for codes.

Regards
Jim

B51.9TDi96
30-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Cheers guys..

I replaced the MAF
and the problem is still there..

@davedeman...
That pipe your on about..
my end is damaged and has been bodged will check that and make sure its okayy.

Going to replace the fuel filter went to get one today and they gave me the wrong one.. :/

Shall keep yous updated
and thanks once again.