PDA

View Full Version : low oil warning light wont turn off

spikelspouse
23-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I have recently done a oil change and put the oil level just above min. After driving a few miles the yellow low oil light came on. So i topped it u to the maximum. The light still comes on. it was fine before the oil change. Has any one got any ideas....i suspect the switch at the bottom of the sump. Or can i get it reset.

sharantdi
24-10-2010, 09:28 PM
try open your bonet ...hold it open for more than 30 sec and than close it. this should reset it. It will take couple of minute to couple of days to read the oil level on mmi. if yellow can appears again than you have som fault in the system or faulty sensor.

I have recently done a oil change and put the oil level just above min. After driving a few miles the yellow low oil light came on. So i topped it u to the maximum. The light still comes on. it was fine before the oil change. Has any one got any ideas....i suspect the switch at the bottom of the sump. Or can i get it reset.

spikelspouse
13-11-2010, 05:34 PM
tried this with no effect, altough out of the blue it went off for a couple of days and now it is back on.....i think i need to change the sensor, shame as i will loose all my new expensive oil.

sharantdi
13-11-2010, 06:13 PM
You can reuse your oil if you recently changed it.... My Audi dealer has done that ( reused same oil ) recently when they replaced my oil level sensor....Had the same problem as yours with yellow can appearing in my MFD even though the oil level was ok. So first thing they done was replacing oil level sensor with no luck on fixing the issue. 4 weeks ago the replaced wiring harness from oil level sensor to engine ECU and this solved the problem. Its been 4 weeks now without yellow can flashing on my mfd.....
Good luck solving this problem.....By the way my car is Audi A4 b8 2.0 tdi 2010 mod.

tried this with no effect, altough out of the blue it went off for a couple of days and now it is back on.....i think i need to change the sensor, shame as i will loose all my new expensive oil.

Maccarone88
27-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Hi Guys , my local garage wanted to charge me something around 129£ to change the oil so i've done it my self all new 5w30 oil the reccomended one i bought 5 liters just to make sure and with the filter it came up something around 55£. After the oil change it gave me te same problem. The oil level was really close to Max (and it was bad of me doing that) the car was at level (so i thought..it wasn't) so when i turned on the car the oil pressure came up. Meaning from the hand book that oil pressure is low although it wasn't. I drained the system again put the car on good leveled surfaced and there was plenty and too much oil. So once drained as i should have done the first time on leveled surface it came out something around 6lt of oil. After drained most of the oil was yes new but partially mixed with the old one , so i just put back in for curiosity 4.8lt from properly drained and the problem solved itself. So it need to be properly done. Just above the minumin and not close to max. I hope this help too.