PDA

View Full Version : New Passat estate

Mike_S
26-03-2006, 11:26 PM
My new passat estate 2.0tdi has now covered 5k miles

I noticed yesterday that both the front and rear cigarette lighters dont work, ok no big deal i thought, the fuses have blown, easy and cheap to replace. As i'm on the road a lot and have my TomTom and phone plugged in, they are very important pieces.

Go to my local dealer, gives my what he thought to be the correct fuses, i find the fuse box, read the manual and ***!!! no fuses in the relevant places. So, i go back to the dealer, we get the correct fuses (as the ones he gave me are clearly wrong), fit them in what should be the correct places for them in the fuse box, surprise surprise, they still don't work.

I go back once again and collar a VW mechanic, guess what, he hasn't got a clue either. This was a £20k car, what the hell is going on?

Has anyone else had this problem, or similar?

JBlues
27-03-2006, 12:31 PM
To be honest I only know for sure that the front one works and the power point in the boot works. I have never tried the rear cigarette light point.

Mine was delivered with a blown fuse that operated the rear window heater!

glynnd
27-03-2006, 06:02 PM
On some vw cars if you switch the rear child locks on the back doors to only open from the outside it cuts the power to the rear cig lighter.Have you recently put them on?:aargh4:

Mike_S
27-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Possibly yes, i'll give it a go tomorrow, cheers