PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf 1.9 TDi Sport - MK5

geocTDi52
18-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi,
I have recently perchased a 1.9 TDi Sport - MK5, 2006 model and i am experiencing feedback from the clutch.
This is happening in all gear changes.

Is anybody had or having similar problems to myself?or is this just a normal occurance in diesel models?
Thanks for your help guys!
:1zhelp:

TDiBoraSam
18-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi,

Feedback through the clutch isn't something you could normally associate with diesels.
It depends exactly what you mean by feedback? and on the amount of feedback you're getting. Is the clutch resisting when you try to press it? Is the clutch difficult to control smoothly?
Try pulling away in first slowly, just using the clutch, do you get any vibrations or abnormal pulses through the pedal?

Big_E
18-06-2007, 09:26 PM
If it's a 2006 mate, it should still be under warrenty ? Call VW ******** and let them know, they should inspect it for you.

geocTDi52
19-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Cheers for that guys,
I heard this kind of feedback that i am feeling is to stop the car shuddering on take off?
I think that i am best to take it to the dealer under the warrenty and see what happens. I'll keep you posted to see if it is anything anyone else should worry about!
Thanks for your help guys!:biglaugh:

paulbosanquet
21-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi,
I have recently perchased a 1.9 TDi Sport - MK5, 2006 model and i am experiencing feedback from the clutch.
This is happening in all gear changes.

Is anybody had or having similar problems to myself?or is this just a normal occurance in diesel models?
Thanks for your help guys!
:1zhelp:
Hi, This is the 2nd markV 1.9TDI Sport owned since 2005. The first had a clutch judder from day 1 and the clutch/dual mass flywheel replaced 6 times under warranty... Problem never resolved. The 2006 Model was provided by vw after requests from the lease co. No problems with the current vehicle until 21,583 miles. Started to get a judder(Misfire) at low revs which disappeared under heavy acceleration. For some reason VW put this apparant misfire down to the dual mass flywheel and have now replaced the orignal twice. The misfire is getting worse but it is apparant that vw have know for a long time about the issues with the dual mass flywheel system and will revert back to conventional system pretty soon.
Like yourself I get feedback and vibration through the clutch pedal and I find pulling away smoothly difficult and noisy....If anyone has any ideas how to resolve the misfire problem let me know