PDA

View Full Version : PD130 03 bora distance til empty

frankieboy
18-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Mine doesn't seem to have this function - various other worthless functions only ?! Rather annoying! Anyone?

Frank

Big_E
18-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Aye it is annoying, I am going to see someone tomorrow, who is going to enable the " Alarm Beep" and " Anti Hi jack " and " Remote Windows" Feature.

Using Vag Com and some very good knowledge.

frankieboy
18-06-2007, 10:44 PM
What the hell are they and why would you want them?!

Big_E
18-06-2007, 11:13 PM
What the hell are they and why would you want them?!

It's mainly for geeks.

Alarm Beep- Is pretty much as it sounds, when you activate and de-activate the alarm, at present it's silent. You can enable it to beep, as most alarms do.

Anti Hi jack - When you drive over 10mph, the door's automatically lock. To prevent any attempted hi jacking of the vehicle. Of course you can do this yourself, but it's just something else you can enable that's hidden normally.

Automatic Windows : Is to control the windows of the vehicle via the remote pad, as seen in the video below :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHPYCorsEQ

Eshrules
19-06-2007, 08:19 AM
id be interested to hear how you do this.... i have a rough working knowledge of vagcom, but not sure how you would go about doing this with vagcom.... perhaps you could share the process once yours has been done?

ill do some research in the meantime....:beerchug:

Lex Luthor
19-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Everything bar the full-closure mod is on the Ross Tech website.

Sam
19-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Everything bar the full-closure mod is on the Ross Tech website.

This man speaketh the truth once again;

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

Big_E
19-06-2007, 12:15 PM
id be interested to hear how you do this.... i have a rough working knowledge of vagcom, but not sure how you would go about doing this with vagcom.... perhaps you could share the process once yours has been done?

ill do some research in the meantime....:beerchug:

Hiya Esh,

I've just got back from having this done.

The dude is on the MIV forums as Pat, i didn't actually see the laptop or what he was pressing.

he did a fault scan, all came back clear apart from passenger from c/l module, which I know about anyway. So that was good, he then enabled the Beep when locking and unlocked the vehicle, he also enable the anti hi jack, but because of the dodgy module for passenger central locking, we turned it off, as the passenger lock kept popping up and down every time you stop and started, which was annoying.

The alarm beep is good though :)

He's now getting the details from Ross Tech about the remote windows and miles till empty option too.

rpbartlett
20-06-2007, 12:49 PM
do you know if this can be done to a mk4 golft TDi GTi 150PD

as i find the trip computer options pretty usless, the miles till empty would be handy, and also the central locking windows closing would be handy as well.

Eshrules
20-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Hiya Esh,

I've just got back from having this done.

The dude is on the MIV forums as Pat, i didn't actually see the laptop or what he was pressing.

he did a fault scan, all came back clear apart from passenger from c/l module, which I know about anyway. So that was good, he then enabled the Beep when locking and unlocked the vehicle, he also enable the anti hi jack, but because of the dodgy module for passenger central locking, we turned it off, as the passenger lock kept popping up and down every time you stop and started, which was annoying.

The alarm beep is good though :)

He's now getting the details from Ross Tech about the remote windows and miles till empty option too.

i know how to enable the beep, disable/enable indicator flash, enable anti hijack and to alter the tone of the alarm siren. the only thing i cant seem to find is how to do the remote windows:(

Lex Luthor
20-06-2007, 05:09 PM
the only thing i cant seem to find is how to do the remote windows:(

Details here:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402

You need to get out less ;)

ChrisB
03-07-2007, 02:13 PM
....as i find the trip computer options pretty usless, the miles till empty would be handy, ......

Hi Guys, this is my first post so be kind. I've just bought a 2003 Golf Estate 1.9TDI and loving it! I too cannot find the 'miles till empty' option on the trip computer!! - any idea on how to get this function working? Would a VW garage be able to sort it?

Thanks, Chris

Lex Luthor
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
I too cannot find the 'miles till empty' option on the trip computer!! - any idea on how to get this function working?

Use VAG Tacho to dump the Immo 111 eprom :

"x0416 is used to enable the "miles to empty" feature.

If the "miles to empty" is turned off (i.e not displayed in the MFA menu when you scroll through), then the figure is C1

To enable the "Miles to empty" display, change this figure to E1"

And write it back

Would a VW garage be able to sort it?:aargh4:

ChrisB
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks Lex Luther, not sure I totally understand though, hence the question whether a garage or someone else could do it! :confused:

Eshrules
03-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Lex Luther, not sure I totally understand though, hence the question whether a garage or someone else could do it! :confused:

first things first... do you have a vagtacho?

if not....

1. get a vag tacho (check out my sig)
2. connect vagtacho to your car using the diag port
3. read eeprom
4.save file (memory buffer) this is known as dumping the eprom
5. open the eeprom using V12 hex editor
6. edit the address lex has mentioned above
7. save eeprom
8.upload new edited version to car, using reverse of procedure for dumping

:beerchug:

Lex Luthor
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I was just going to post "eshrules will be along in a minute..":D

ChrisB
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
....thanks again, but....if I don't trust myself to do it myself will a garage do it for me? (for a small fee!). Anyone had this done at a garage? Cheers..

Lex Luthor
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
....thanks again, but....if I don't trust myself to do it myself will a garage do it for me? (for a small fee!). Anyone had this done at a garage? Cheers..

I cannot see any chance that a garage would do this, but a forum member might.
Put your location in your profile and you might get an offer...

ChrisB
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks, I've added it!! I live in Coventry. I may give my garage a call later and see what they say.

Thanks for all your help.

Eshrules
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks, I've added it!! I live in Coventry. I may give my garage a call later and see what they say.

Thanks for all your help.

i highly doubt a garage would want to do this, let alone have the relevant hardware to do it. if you're prepared to travel i can have a go at doing yours ;) my going rate is a few bottles of strongbow ;)

or, if you are attending VW festival, i will be there with all my toys, so dont mind having a go there for you ;)

boracolly
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
hi there did you get anyone to do this for you i live in northants and would also like it done anyone in the area ?

Pastonian
09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
It's probably one of the most usefull functions, why is it disabled??

boracolly
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
ok so is it a VAG-COM USB Cable what i need to get to be able to program the settings its a 03 bora 1.9 tdi 100 se

mysterygti
17-01-2008, 03:28 PM
im so so wanting this miles to empty feature, its my first car that doesnt have it in a long time, and im lost without it... :)

i just dont really trust myself fiddling with the ecu..

anyone local who is willing to help me, obviously beer tokens will be exchanged?

xsi
18-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Miles to empty cannot be enabled with vagcom or the vagcom usb lead. This requires the dash to be reprogammed.
It also depends on which dash you have installed not all dashes or sw versions can have miles to empty enabled. Only VDO dashes and some Bosch RB4 Immo3 dashes can have miles to empty enabled.

mysterygti
18-01-2008, 02:58 PM
im guessing this will be printed on the dials somewhere, i have every other option ie mpg, average mpg etc etc

Sam
18-01-2008, 03:00 PM
first things first... do you have a vagtacho?

if not....

1. get a vag tacho (check out my sig)
2. connect vagtacho to your car using the diag port
3. read eeprom
4.save file (memory buffer) this is known as dumping the eprom
5. open the eeprom using V12 hex editor
6. edit the address lex has mentioned above
7. save eeprom
8.upload new edited version to car, using reverse of procedure for dumping

:beerchug:

This post above shows you what you need to do.

xsi
18-01-2008, 05:17 PM
im guessing this will be printed on the dials somewhere, i have every other option ie mpg, average mpg etc etc

You can find out what dash cluster you have with Vagcom (VDO/Bosch RB4/Motometer). Theres also a sticker on the back of the cluster but this will involve you having to remove the cluster. I looked into activating miles to empty on my cluster I have a Bosch RB4 v29. I also have Vagtacho v2.2 (latest version). I havent yet bothered to try and activate miles on empty from info on other forums it appears that vagtacho wont allow read/write of the eprom on my dash cluster something about it not being very good with later bosch RB4 or motometer clusters. Im not sure if the value that needs to be changed is consistent across all cluster makes and sw versions either. i.e: a previous post says to change position "x0416" in the EPROM to "E1" to activate miles to empty. Is the byte location and value the same on all bosch rb8 and VDO clusters and sw versions ?? Doesnt seem to be a lot of concise information on enabling miles to empty around, and you need to be sure that what yuor doing is correct as changing incorrect values in the eprom can brick your dash.

vwpd130
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
hi,
im a little confused here?
im a vw techie in the UK and deal with long coding etc each day and understand bits and bytes (as much as i need to)

however, x0416 is confusing me here, also i cannot find V12 hex editor anywhere on the net??

i have found a "line" 0410 using vag tacho 1.5 eeprom dump

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/alhtdi/dump1.jpg
is the bit which is circled the one i need to change? if so how do i change it and the upload it

i'm aware that the bits start at 0 so this would be bit 6 (poss' 0416??)

or am i totally wrong here.......

at work we have recently had 2 "have a go hero's" who have a laptop and vagcom, who have trashed dash inserts through trying this mod' (not condemning anyone else but them) i dont want to be the 3rd with a non starting vehicle

i would like this mod on my car...

best regards from a new member
steve

xsi
07-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Not sure what the v12 is about, im sure someone else will clarify that, you can get a freeware hex editor below
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm
To change the byte value I believe you need to "dump" the dash eprom into a hex file to your PC with Vag-Tacho.
Once you have the file on your pc open it with the hex editor navigate to the location you want to change, change the vlaue save the file and re-upload to your dash with vag-tacho.
As for whether or not thats the right location to change im not sure what model and sw revision dash is it ?
Post up these details and maybe someone who has carried out this mod will be able to help.