PDA

View Full Version : water leak

johnmccoubrey@t
18-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi
As a result of last weeks floods my Alhambra turned into a swimming pool,
the car was parked with the front nearside at it's lowest point and therefore all water running off has entered the passenger side footwell, it was so bad that the central locking and alarm sender which is located under the pasenger seat in the footwell was totally immersed in water after a nights rain.I managed to dry this out with the help of a hairdryer and WD40 as initially the alarm, electric windows and central locking went into overdrive!
i removed the scuttle panel and checked the drain hole on that side but it did not appear as if it was blocked but I did find a small stone sitting around the hole I'm hoping that this was the cause and the water just couldn't get away and over flowed into the pollen filter and down the inside of the footwell.
Has anyone else had a similar experience or perhaps knows of the problem and more importantly can offer advice on how to solve it?

djswampy
23-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes. I have this fault. I drained about 2 litres out of the underseat hole then about half a bucket out of the tray above the battery because the flap was full of leaf gunk.
My module isn't working for central locking or the alarm. It also opens the windows on its own. This wasn't much good today when I left it in a car park and they opened in the rain. That's the reason I have found this forum. I am here to look for information on either repairing it or otherwise.
I was on the Galaxy forum but they decided to oust me because its not a galaxy. They seemed to say that its a common fault on the beast so I don't think we are alone. In fact it was only the bloke who came to measure our cracked window for a replacement that told me about the area above the tray gets blocked frequently.