PDA

View Full Version : Few Newbie Questions

redrolo
19-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Good evening all,

recently picked up my Tiguan (or Tigs to my daughter) and I am very impressed. Just a few questioned if I may...

1) What is the correct protocol for the electronic hand brake and sometimes it lets me drive when i engage gear and accelerate, sometimes its doesn't. I have previously had an A4 Sline and Passat with this, but I am struggling to understand...

2) Anyone remapped one yet?

3) Do i really need to got to VW and get them to do the VCDS to get my stereo's code? Previous cars have had card in manual, but with this nothing. Basically I want to put my RNS510 into Tigs and sell the RCD510 it came with.

Best regards Rich

thax1
22-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Just browsing here, as we've just ordered a Tiguan.

On your first question - on my PassatCC, it will let you drive off freely only if your seatbelt is on... otherwise you get the 'please release parking brake' message on the dash.
(Catches you out if you're just moving the cars round in the driveway.)

No idea if the logic is the same on the Tiguan, but try it out.

y2ksparky
27-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Be aware that you are dealing with just that -an electronic parking brake, so use as you would have done with a mechanical handbrake lever, and release by pressing foot on the brake and pressing the buttton before moving off. The auto hold function of this system is intregrated with the abs, and is more of a convenience feature. Your handbook can describe that detail.