PDA

View Full Version : Hello all !! Turbine diesel power

dee_rz
19-10-2010, 11:35 AM
New to diesel cars and diesel car modification but not new to tuning and modification so with that i thought I'd register and log into a forum with some tech heads and great info !!

Sooooo hiya all !!

I have recently got my girlfriend into the car scene and tuning after a few shows and track days :D and i know how much even she can benefit from having her car remapped for both power and efficiency so we have planned a few subtle but nice mods to her 57plate 08 year PD105 Audi a3 1.9 tdi :beerchug: i have driven it a few times and although it's not what i'm used to i love it :biglaugh: it's a great drive and goes really well for the basic type power it has due to the delivery and torque of the motor :beerchug: she really wanted a tdi new shape audi tt tdi but she is not quite in the market for one but probably will be in a few years or 3 :biglaugh: so in the mean time after owning this car from new we would love for it to feel like a new car for her :D
So i suggested a few mods for her that will certainly do that ! narrowed down now to an oscari stage 1+ remap which I've been promised will be mapped to a safe 155bhp :D yum =) and then a pipercross (as it's one of the only non oiled type panel air filter that won't hurt the maf ) +9-10bhp from tests :biglaugh: so a circa 165-166bhp car with around 250-260 ft lb's of torque :D i'll have that please sir LOL !!
should then be pretty much on tech and paper up there with a mk v gt tdi which has 169bhp and 250 ft lb :D sweet !!!
Should really move ! i'm going to test the car before and after mods and post my findings and thoughts !! should be early next week :biglaugh:
Looking forward to it ! sure she'll be well happy to as the car should do 5-6mpg extra too :beerchug:

I'm also doing all of the above as i plan to get a 04-05 kinda age seat leon 1.9 tdi 130 or maybe a cupra early next year to replace my primera ( 140ish bhp run around) so will give me a idea of what i can look forward to in an everyday usable car !

My play thing and big love in my life is my mkiv toyota supra !
has 661bhp at the moment with around 600 ft lb of torque ! and lots more that i have going on early next year which should push her up to 750-800 range on pump fuel :D it has rather a lot on it to achieve this and had £££££'s spent but my god she's worth it :beerchug: love it !
also have and always have a massive love for all vag cars :beerchug: hence i defiantly will have the leon soon :beerchug: and i have a massive soft spot for RS model cars oh and the r8 !

If i didn't own such a animal and i wanted comfort as well as a beast i'd spend my money on an rs4 or rs6 instead ! I've grown too fond of my supra now ........ but i do keep taking a peak at 09 GTR's too :confused: can't help it

Right enough waffling on !! day off today and obviously got far too much time on my hands LOL !!

Look forward to sticking around and learning a lot from you guys and gals !!

Be gentle LOL !!!

Sam
19-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Welcome to VWAF.

Nice use of the smilies too.

dee_rz
19-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Ha ha ! yeah went a bit smiley mad!

Thanks for the welcome :beerchug: